CHAPTER 19

Ch.19 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

@Titans_Sen: [Today is my birthday, November 3rd, send birthday wishes>]

@NA_Left: Happy birthday

[Aaaaaaaaaaahhh catching my Shao Xiao Zuo!!!!]

[WTF, does Shao ge live on Weibo????]

[Shao ge’s hand speed???]

[God Sen is Shao Han’s real hammer]

[Sen fans are ashamed of losing out]

[They say esports clubs have fast internet, now I believe them]

[Is everybody eating SenZ…… (dragged away]

When Yao Sen got up in the morning and opened Weibo, he was surprised to discover that Shao Han had commented on his post at midnight, right on the dot. Moreover, his comment had been pushed to the very top of the post by a bunch of fans.

Yao Sen couldn’t hide the smile at the corners of his mouth and gave Shao Han’s comment a like. Seeing this spoiled and oblivious smile on Yao Sen’s face so early in the morning, Wang Yuxi knew that he wouldn’t need breakfast today after having this fill of dog food.

Shao Han also replied to Yao Sen’s WeChat at seven o’clock this morning, agreeing to his invitation to dinner.

During morning training, everybody clearly felt that their captain was particularly enthusiastic. This was reflected by how Yao Sen happily gave up his gun, which made Wang Yuxi confused at first, wondering how his winning rate greatly improved today.

They had two half hour breaks before and after lunch. Yao Sen went back to his dorm room to lie on his bed and play with his phone, accepting a bunch of red envelopes from distant relatives. 

Yao Sen’s parents had many relatives. When he was planning to enter the professional esports industry after graduation, those relatives persuaded his mom and dad endlessly, urging them to not let their child go down the wrong path.

Yao Sen completely understood. Let alone the older generation, even the younger parents’ first reaction towards the industry was mostly confusion and disdain.

But fortunately, Yao Sen’s parents were very open-minded. His mom and dad were also the most well-off among their many relatives, and they had both the heart and money to let Yao Sen have a shot at something he loved.

When Yao Sen first started training with the professional team, his relatives even asked him to help fix their computers from time to time. He didn’t understand–what did gaming have to do with being able to repair computers? Do you need to learn how to fix a car before you learn how to drive?

Later, after Yao Sen won the Asia Championship on TV and made his relatives go green with envy when he pocketed the prize money, he heard his mom say that his aunt had begun to encourage his cousin, who had poor grades and loved playing games, to find out more about this job.

Yao Sen thought back to his cousin, who couldn’t even really play Fireboy and Watergirl, and suggested to his mom that it was best to get his aunt to give up on the idea as soon as possible.