CHAPTER 45

Ch.45 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

NSFW.

In the blink of an eye, it was early May, and the players welcomed their last vacation before the competition. With the arrival of Labour Day, the Titans also scheduled a three-day holiday. Meanwhile, the Yiyou Building also provided each club with a holiday benefit—house party vouchers.

A house party was an activity that was more fun the more people there were, so the Titans Club immediately invited the Noah’s Ark players to theirs. Since their friendly match, the Noah’s Ark and Titans players had basically grown close, and their invite was met with an immediate agreement.

The party venue the Yiyou Building so generously provided was equipped with its own gaming facilities. Though they couldn’t compare to the ones they normally used in their training rooms, it was more than enough for some casual face-to-face matches.

The group had initially planned to cook their own meals to gain life experience, but in reality, this idea wasn’t as brilliant as it first seemed. For guys, cooking was a big disaster waiting to happen, and out of the ten guys in their party, no more than three—including Yao Sen—were capable of producing passable dishes.

Shao Han’s cooking skills were actually pretty decent, but unfortunately he only knew how to make spicy dishes that suited his tastes. Just as he was about to raise his hand to inform them that he could cook, the Noah’s Ark members—who’d been made to reconsider their whole lives after a taste of his spicy cooking—pressed his hand down and expressed that it’d be better if they went out to eat.

Their second day of vacation happened to coincide with the North American Alarm Dawn All Star Cup, and everyone agreed to get up early the next morning to watch the competition together. After dinner, they each returned to their own rooms or gathered around to gossip and play games.

While Yao Sen was in the shower, Shao Han received a video call request from Shao Meng. Shao Han, who’d coincidentally been sitting on the bed playing with his phone, immediately accepted the call.

Shao Meng was wearing dinosaur pyjamas and hugging a custom chibi Shao Han doll to her chest. Before he could say hello to her, she was already chirping, “Ge, you’re so handsome, but why do you hold up your camera at such a straight man angle?”

Shao Han had no choice but to lie on his stomach, put on his earphones, and prop his phone against the headboard.

Shao Meng: “Now that’s way better! Every frame can be a lockscreen.”

Shao Han: “Have you done your homework?”

“Don’t mention that word! I’m begging you!” Shao Meng rolled her eyes fiercely, her smile wilting. Then with a sudden exclamation, she said, “Ge, where are you? It doesn’t look like your dorm.”

“I’m not there. I’m at a house party with my team and Yao Sen’s.”

“A house party?! I’m over here vomiting at conic sections while you’re out having fun with God Sen and the others?!”

Shao Han lowered his phone’s volume a little and said, “You can come here and play once your uni entrance exams are over.”

Shao Meng wailed to Shao Han about how she’d been living a life worse than livestock, acting spoiled with her brother all the while. Shao Han listened to her and occasionally hummed in acknowledgement, not forgetting to remind her to study hard.