CHAPTER 55

Ch.55 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Shao Han discovered that Yao Sen truly kept to his word.

When he and Yao Sen went to see Group C-I’s match the next day, Yao Sen would start up all sorts of trouble every time the image on the giant LED screen cut to Cobra.

He scratched Shao Han’s palm one second and squeezed Shao Han’s waist the next, making Shao Han occasionally flush with anger; he couldn’t pay attention to the match at all.

As a result, when the match ended and Cobra placed second in Group C-I, Shao Han had no recollection of what he’d actually watched.

The players in Group C-II’s were evenly matched in terms of strength, and there were no particular teams that stood out, so there wasn’t much to see. After the Group C matches ended, Shao Han and Yao Senjoined Wang Yuxi and the rest for lunch.

The group filed into a Chinese beef hotpot restaurant and ate while discussing the Group C match. After the beef was thoroughly cooked, Wang Yuxi first filled Shao Han and Yao Sen’s bowls with several large slices of meat.

Wang Yuxi: “Go on, you two eat more. Beef is great for building up yang in your kidney.[1]”

Next to Yao Sen, Shao Han blushed, and he peered at the beef in his bowl, conflicted on whether to eat or not. Yao Sen shot Wang Yuxi a profound, deterring gaze to get him to stop teasing Shao Han.

The restaurant allowed you to mix your own sauces. When Wang Yuxi smelled Shao Han’s especially fragrant sauce, he overestimated himself by insisting on dipping his beef into Shao Han’s sauce, only to have his tongue burned by the spiciness.

Wang Yuxi gulped down several cups of water. He’d been having some acne trouble these days, so he knew better than to eat more. He examined Shao Han’s skin, which was so flawless that no staff would ever come up to him if he entered a Watson’s joint, and sighed deeply, mentally bemoaning heaven’s unjust.

However, the moment he thought that Shao Han’s sex life was more nourished than most, he immediately felt more balanced.

Suddenly, Yao Sen coldly said, “Lao-Wang, give me one good reason why you keep staring at Shao Han. If you can’t convince me, you’re over.”

Shao Han ducked his head in embarrassment.

Wang Yuxi: “…Can’t I admire Shao Han’s flawless complexion?!”

“Oh, so you were admiring him, huh.”

The group mutely bowed their heads and tucked into their meal. They didn’t have Wang Yuxi’s courage to face Yao Sen’s public display of affection. Shao Han tugged at Yao Sen’s sleeve and lightly coughed, saying, “Hurry up and eat, your food’s getting cold.”

Group D’s match, the final match, was held that afternoon. Team Odin was placed in group D-II, which meant that the last match of the qualifiers would almost certainly be the most anticipated.

The group headed straight to the stadium upon finishing their meal, and as predicted, the arena, which hadn’t been totally filled in previous matches, was now completely packed to the brim. The members of Odin’s official fanclub were all sitting in a group, each fan with a Team Odin logo stickered to their face.

When Team Odin entered the premises, the entire stadium erupted in thunderous cheers. Upon seeing how enthusiastic his fans were, their captain, Ethan, ever his cheerful and animated self, immediately raised a hand and threw a flying kiss at the crowd.

Wang Yuxi sighed, “No matter how many Odin matches I’ve watched, I can’t associate that godly world-class unblinking sniper with this baby-faced guy who looks like a university student.”