CHAPTER 30

Ch.30 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Why would Shao Han be here?

Although Yao Sen knew that eavesdropping on other people’s conversations was inappropriate, he couldn’t help but lower his moral threshold a little when it came to things concerning Shao Ha, so he stopped at the door and listened intently.

“…we haven’t really been in touch after,” said Shao Han, “It’s awkward… there’s nothing we can do.

Bai Yue said in regret, “It’s a pity, I don’t have as much to say to him now as I used to either. It’s inevitable that the old members can’t get together, we also aren’t on the same team anymore.”

Not having heard their earlier conversation, Yao Sen didn’t know who the ‘him’ they were referring to was. But since it was someone who both Shao Han and Bai Yue knew, along with the description he’d heard from the two of them, Yao Sen was sure that the ‘him’ in question was most likely——

“Ai, by the way, did you fight with Shen You back then?” Bai Yue laughed, “Was that a thing?”

Shao Han paused, his voice not changing much as he said, “…sort of.”

Yao Sen was a little annoyed. Did Shao Han come to Building A this late to find Bai Yue and reminisce about the past and Shen You?

They then chatted some more, mostly about the old days. Since they were only here to talk about old times though, Yao Sen felt that it wasn’t right for him to be here. But just as he was about to leave, he heard Shao Han ask, “When we came back this evening… why did Yao Sen disappear after?”

At the sound of his name, Yao Sen’s feet came to a halt.

Bai Yue: “Oh, Wang Yuxi said that a friend of Yao Sen’s came to visit. Seems like it was a member of Aegis who used to be stationed here.”

Shao Han stayed silent for a little longer this time, and when he spoke, his voice suddenly carried a hint of hidden curiosity. “What was Yao Sen like back then?”

“Back then?” Bai Yue said, “He’s been the same since I first knew him. He hasn’t changed.”

Bai Yue paused, chuckling as he said, “You’ve gotten pretty close to Yao Sen, so you should understand how he is too. He’s just that kind of guy—principled, loyal, righteous, reliable—I’ve never met anybody who thinks bad of him.”

“…He’s really quite reliable.” Shao Han said, an inaudible loneliness in his voice. “But sometimes I don’t know what to do when I’m with him. It’s probably because I’m just the way that I am—I don’t know how to get along with him the way you guys do.”

Bai Yue laughed. “You’re usually reserved. You don’t need to think too much when you’re with Yao Sen. Also, I think Yao Sen treats you really well, so don’t worry, he definitely thinks of you as a true friend.”

Shao Han: “……Mm.”

Listening to Bai Yue’s words almost gave Yao Sen a stomachache. He was praising him so nicely at first, but why did his aim go sideways right at the final goal? A true friend? There was originally no such thing. For the first time, Yao Sen really regretted Bai Yue’s identity as a straight man.