CHAPTER 24

Ch.24 – Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Yao Sen smiled. “My current goal is to be as strong as Lu ge back then.”

“Then you’ve set your goals too low. You’ve already surpassed me, I’m afraid,” Lu Kaizhi said without the slightest hesitation. “I’ve fought against Kevin and Ethan a few times, and I think that you have the kind of strength they have that makes people itch to beat you where you stand.”

Yao Sen didn’t know what expression he should adopt for a moment. Was Lu Kaizhi really praising him?

Yao Sen immediately asked, “In that case, where do you think those two’s strength lies?”

“They’re strong everywhere. But if I really must say, while basic skills are something every player should have, what makes top e-sports athletes stand out from the rest is their observation skill and game intuition,” Lu Kaizhi answered. “Observation skills are used to create opportunities, and intuition is used to seize them.”

Lu Kaizhi paused, “But luck is also important, so go to a temple and seek out your fortune before a match.”

Yao Sen and Shao Han: “……”

After chatting about the game, Lu Kaizhi started telling them about the esports circle gossip before his retirement, full of excitement. After gossiping, he moved on to his wife and daughter. Yao Sen and Shao Han, who had originally come for advice, were somehow made to eat melons and forced to gag on dog food.

Lu Kaizhi sighed. “My wife was a fan of mine at the time. She always came to watch my matches wherever I played. After we finished as the WCAD runner-up back then, she was the first person I hugged when I left the stage. She cried even harder than I did.”

To hug the person you liked first when you leave the stage after a match—it truly was happiness.

For some reason, when he heard these words, Shao Han shot a glance at Yao Sen beside him. Seeing him talking and laughing with Lu Kaizhi, he silently withdrew his gaze.

The three men chatted until 2 pm, wishing they could continue on, when Shao Han received a call from Lin Lan. He got up and went out to take it.

Lu Kaizhi asked, “Would you like anything else to eat?”

“No need.”

“What about your boyfriend?”

Yao Sen was jolted from head to toe. He raised his head to stare at Lu Kaizhi. Lu Kaizhi drank his coffee as he watched him, his expression normal like he’d just asked a casual question about the weather.

Being watched by those unfazed eyes, Yao Sen even suspected that he was the one making a fuss about nothing, and he froze before saying, “……boyfriend?”

“Isn’t Noah’s little brother Shao your boyfriend?”

“That–he’s really not.” Not yet, that is.

Lu Kaizhi winked. “He’s not, but he will be soon, right?”

Yao Sen was speechless for a moment, then openly acquiesced to what Lu Kaizhi just said. Rather than saying he was cool-headed, he was influenced by Lu Kaizhi’s innate calmness. “How did Lu ge figure it out?”