Chapter 18: Claw Machine

Sang Zhi orders the food and passes back the menu to Sang Yan.

Sang Yan looks at her and the time he looks at the order lists. He asks her: "you want these?"

Sang Zhi: "Right."

"You should be responsible for your decision." Sang Yan says. "Don't say that I don't mention it to you."

Sang Zhi is unhappy but she is too embarrassed to fight with him in the public. She just mumbles in low voice. "It's okay to eat a bit, I just order a stick."

Sang Yan is impatient. "Don't think that you just order a bit, I have no effort to take care of you, Xiao Hai."

Qian Fei starts to fin fault with Sang Yan: "Sang Yan, how could you not let your Mei to eat a bit? It's okay, Xiao Mei Mei, just order it. Ge Ge will treat you."

"Shut up." Sang Yan is unhappy too: "She is allergic to beef and sheep meat."

"Ao..." Qian Fei immediately changes his attitude. "Then Xiao Mei Mie, you should order other food. It's not good to be sick."

It's just a slight allergic reaction, it's okay if she just eats a bit.

But Sang Zhi has no power to decide, she can only submit to these men. She drinks her glass of water and listens to three other men's conversation with disinterest.

After a while.

Sang Zhi cannot hold it anymore, she pokes on Sang Yan's arm. "Ge Ge."

Sang Yan looks at her: "What?"

"I'm so hungry."

This restaurant is too slow in serving their food.

Sang Yan looks at the table and places a plate of beef rice noodles in front of her. "Just eat this first to stuff your belly."

Sang Zhi: "Oh"

Then she just picks up her chopsticks.

The time she wants to take it to her bowl, she suddenly notices there're several slices of beef. She feels like she just discovers a treasure. Her first reaction is to look at Sang Yan then Duan Jia Xu and Qian Fei.

These three men don't look at her.

Just like a thief, she takes a slice of beef and hides it under the rice noodle. She plans to eat it all together so no one will notice that she eats the beef. No one will know that she eats a slice of beef tonight.

— it's a flawless manipulation.

When she is just about to eat the rice noodle.

This time Duan Jia Xu suddenly calls after her.

"Xiao Hai."

Sang Zhi looks at him. "Ah?"

Duan Jia Xu looks at her and smiles. "Give a bowl for Ge Ge?"

She stops and puts down her chopsticks. "Oh."

Then she pushes the plate of beef rice noodle in front of her.

The other two men are busy chatting so they don't mind them.

Duan Jia Xu tears open new chopsticks and flips around the rice noodle. Sang Zhi watches his action.

Then she notices that he doesn't take any rice noodle from the plate, he takes slices of beef on the plate and puts it on her bowl.

He picks all the beef. Then he places the plate back to her. "Okay."

"......"

"Eat it."

"........."

Sang Zhi looks the rice noodle without any slice of beef. It's too plain, there are only few slices of carrot and veggies. She looks up and stares at the bowl that Duan Jia Xu takes. The bowl is full of beef.