Chapter 97: Novel 79

It's been so many years.

Duan Jia Xu once again remembers Xu Ruo Shu's appearance. As before he still blames himself, as before he still feels helpless. It is one thing that he couldn't make up. It's the most regretful thing in his life.

He watches the man on the bedside.

He suddenly remembers what happened that morning. Before Duan Zhi Cheng went outside, he stroked his head gently and smiled. He said: "A Xu, for this examination, if you could continue to maintain your first place, Papa will give you a reward."

It's long time ago.

He never loses his first place, yet he never gets that reward.

Duan Jia Xu sits down straight and maintain his composure. He seems to remember something, he suddenly smiles and says: "But forget it."

"Now I have a good life, I have met someone that I want to be together forever." Duan Jia Xu extends his hands and helps to tidy up Duan Zhi Cheng's blanket. "I seem to not especially need you anymore."

"....."

"But I still hope that you could wake up soon." Duan Jia Xu laughs. "You should take a look how everything has changed and what have you missed."

Then you would realize how that time you clearly had a lot of choices.

Yet you chose the worst one, a road to ruin.

—–

Sang Zhi has a bottle of water in her bag. Because of the first awkward experience of having menstrual period, she has a habit to bring her bag everywhere. She has a lot of things in her bag so before went out with Duan Jia Xu, she unconsciously brings a bottle of water with her.

She exits the sickroom and waits outside for a while.

In this institution, basically there're only big sickrooms with eight beds. But maybe because of Duan Zhi Cheng's health condition, he could get a single bed sick-room.

The room is narrow and doesn't have a good soundproof.

Sang Zhi waits outside and could listens faintly Duan Jia Xu's voices.

She is worried that he would come out and look for her so she just waits outside for a short while. She feels sad and sorry about him.

At last, Sang Zhi goes out of the the institution and goes to buy a convenient store near by.

The time she is back to the sickroom, Duan Jia Xu is out, he is in front of the cashier. He is handling the administration for the transfer.

Sang Zhi comes over and stands beside him then she passes the bottle of water to him.

Duan Jia Xu takes it and asks: "What takes you so long?"

"The queue is long." Sang Zhi holds his hand and makes a lie: "There are lots of people there."

"Em." Duan Jia Xu holds her hand back. "I thought you lost your way. But now everything is done. Let's go back."

Sang Zhi nods.

They both take the elevator to go downstair.

Sang Zhi remembers what she saw outside, Sang Zhi walks quickly and drags him.

Duan Jia Xu lets her drags him, he laughs: "Why are you walking so fast?"

"You also need to walk faster." He doesn't exert any energy, he just depends on her strength. Sang Zhi looks at him and says seriously: "You are so heavy, it's too strenuous to pull you."