Chapter 56: Novel 38

Perhaps because of today's matter.

At night, Duan Jia Xu has a dream.

He dreams about when he got the admission notice from Nan Wu University. A week before registration, his mother, Xu Ruo Shu, prepared the money for him to go to the college, but those money once again snatched away by so-what "creditor".

He dreams that night.

Their apartment was already sold, they rented an apartment with a living room and a bedroom. The bedroom was for Xu Ruo Shu to sleep, and he slept in the living room.

During the summer vacation, Duan Jia Xu looked for several jobs as private tutor and part-time jobs. So everyday he would go home late.

That day the time he returned home, he heard Xu Ruo Shu was on the phone.

She was calling her Da Bo (brother-in-law). One who always helped her when she raised her only son.

In the living room

Xu Ruo Shuo called and greeted him.

"Da Ge, our A Xu has passed an university exam of Nan Wu University."

Then she turned silent for a while, it seemed hard to speak about it.

There're lots of things behind her sentence. She couldn't hide it.

"Nan Wu University, is a good university.

My son passes that examination to enter that university.

But I have no money.

For attending that university, he finds himself a lot of part-time jobs to earn money. It's all my bad.

Could you....... lend me several thousand?"

The next moment, Da Bo starts to call her names.

"Aren't you guys shameless? Are you guys the only one that suffer? What is my duty to help you guys? I also have kids to raise up! I also want to live! You keep on borrowing money! Wow! Go away!"

Duan Jia Xu immediately went over and took the phone from her. He hung up.

The room turned quiet.

Xu Ruo Shu stays silent for a while then suddenly covers her eyes. She starts to cry. She mumbles: "Mama let you down... mama let you down......"

When he was in junior high school, Duan Jia Xu never lacked of money. So he never feels that money is important.

But when the accident happened.

He just knows that money can give a lot of changes in life.

Duan Jia Xu watched at his mother, who used to be bright and confident, gradually crumbled. She changes to be timid and inferior. She fell ill and aged quickly.

That time Duan Jia Xu, who was just barely an adult, knelt down in front of Xu Ruo Shu. He looks at her and smiles "Ma, do you believe me? Those money, I will earn it back."

"......"

"You don't need to borrow from anyone else. I'll earn my own money. I'll support you." He said gently: "I will let you go back to live your good life."

"......."

So.

—Just wait, okay?

Duan Jia Xu wakes up from that dream.

The sky is not dark, the room is still dark. He doesn't have any kind of sleepiness on him. He stands up and goes out to his bedroom to the living room. He pours a glass of water and takes out two ice cubes to put it inside the glass.