Chapter 25: Lies

Duan Jia Xu kneels down and holds her arm lightly. "Could you stand up?"

Sang Zhi starts to regret her decision to show off her skills. She is in pain. Everyone is staring at her. She lowers her head and shakes her head.

Sang Yan holds her other arm and frowns: "Why are you continuing to do the long jump?"

Sang Zhi starts to cry and feels so wrong: "You are laughing at me."

Both of them help her to stand up.

Sang Yan kneels down: "Get on, let's treat it."

Chen Ming Xu looks at this and feels guilty. "Sang Zhi, are you okay? Lao Shi shouldn't say those words to you? I should just let you join happily...."

Sang Zhi is on Sang Yan's back and just says: "It's okay....."

Chen Ming Xu feels extremely guilty when he sees Sang Zhi's expression. He turns around and wants to say something again. He finally notices Duan Jia Xu: "Sang Zhi Ge Ge? Why are you here?"

"Ah I just remember." Chen Ming Xu starts to chatter: "Last time you said that you are Nan Wu's student? I'm really sorry that I am so careless...."

He says it and notices Sang Yan: "Who is this?"

Sang Zhi is worried.

How should she answer it?

Should she say that Sang Yan is her real Ge Ge? But it means that all of her lie will be exposed.

Should she say that Sang Yan is her Ge Ge's friend?

But why should she being held by Sang Yan and not her own Ge Ge? It'll appear strange.

Looking at how nervous Sang Zhi is, Duan Jia Xu thinks about something.

The next moment Sang Zhi just holds Sang Yan's neck tightly like she wants to strangle him to death. She just wants to stop Sang Yan from talking. She is at loss, she doesn't think more about it and just says:

"Papa."

Sang Yan immediately turns his head to look at her.

Sang Yan: "?"

Sang Yan is in pain and nervous. Her tears keep on falling down. She sobs. "Lao Shi, this this is my Papa......"

"......."

Sang Yan has a difficulty to breath because of Sang Zhi's hold of his neck. He chokes and coughs.

"Ah?" Chen Ming Xu doesn't response and looks Sang Yan's face, he looks complicated. "Sang Zhi, you are saying that he is your Papa?"

Sang Zhi is so afraid, she is imagining that everyone will scolding her. She is terrified and doesn't dare to say anything, she just nods.

Duan Jia Xu looks at Sang Zhi, he suddenly lowers his head and laughs.

The little girl's eyes are round and big. There are lots of tears on her eyes. She has dust on her face, she looks miserable and pathetic.

Her appearance makes Chen Ming Xu couldn't say anything.

When these two men who are called "papa" and "Sang Zhi Ge Ge" by Sang Zhi standing together, it's clear to people that two men are in the same age, they even wear the same uniform.

But hearing Sang Zhi's words, indeed this man, who Sang Zi calls 'Papa", looks similar as her.

Chen Ming Xu is considering this silently.

Though he doesn't why she is lying, he just strokes his bald head: "Go and treat the wound first."

There are two tents for medical aid built for this sport event to treat those injured students.

Sang Yan has calmed himself down and says without expression. "Okay."

Then he takes Sang Zhi on his back to the tent.

Chen Ming Xu stays behind and stops Duan Jia Xu to talk for a while. Because Sang Zhi has her relatives here, he is much relieved. He could leave to observe other students.

The brother and sister are all silent.

After several seconds, Duan Jia Xu follows them.

Sang Zhi is laying on Sang Yan's back. She looks at Duan Jia Xu like he is her savior.

In next second, Sang Yan says coldly: "What were you calling me before me?"

Sang Zhi doesn't dare to say anything.

"I am your Papa?"

"........"

"Did you bump your leg or your head?"

At first because her fall, her whole body is all in pain. She doesn't want to talk much. She just turns relieve that her teacher lets her go. Now Sang Yan is blaming her.

Her throat is dry, she feels so wronged.

"Why are you keep on scolding me, you've been scolding me for a whole day." This moment she feels that she is the most miserable person in this whole world. She pursues her lips and wants to control her sob but she couldn't. "I want to tell Papa..... move away. I don't want you to carry me...."

"......" Sang Yan immediately shuts up.

Two seconds later, he says again: "You have sprained your legs, if I don't carry you, how would you walk?"

"I could walk by myself." Sang Zhi kicks her uninjured leg. "I can walk by myself. I don't need you....."

Sang Yan turns his head and says impatiently: "Couldn't you be obedient to me?"

"I don't want!" Sang Zhi's tears fall down, she looks at him. "Why should I be obedient, you keep on scolding me, you scold me for a whole day...."

Sang Yan's rage is gone: "....... Ge Ge isn't joking with you."

He has turned a bit gentler.

Sang Zhi just says things without thinking about it. "You don't like me, why did't you ask mama to abort me when I wasn't born yet. Why?"

"....."

Sang Yan frowns: "What are you saying?"

His voice is a bit high like he doesn't approve what she said.

His tone makes Sang Zhi turns startled for a while, she couldn't believe him. She looks at him for a while and then blinks, her tears start to fall down again. "You make me angry again....."

Sang Yan: "......."

There are a few meters left before they reach the tent.

Duan Jia Xu hears their conversation, he even hears Sang Zhi's cry. He rubs his eyes and cannot help but to say. "Hey, Sang Yan."

Sang Yan: "What?"

He comes forward and glances at Sang Zhi: "Let me carry her up."

Hearing his words make Sang Zhi's sound of weeping start to weaken. She looks at Duan Jia Xu.

Her response is clear, Sang Yan looks at her and asks respectfully: "You want him to carry you up?"

Sang Zhi stops crying and looks at Duan Jia Xu.

"........."

Though she doesn't give any firm answer but her response shows that she feels it's hard to endure being carried by Sang yan.

Sang Yan releases his breath and tolerates this: "Okay."

He says it and just places her down.

To be Continued