Chapter 36: Tutoring

Duan Jia Xu sits down beside her and watches her. "Xiao Hai, give me your last final examination for me to look at."

Sang Zhi :"oh."

She looks at the questions again then she stops writing. She hesitates and asks: "Ge Ge, could you not call me that way?"

Duan Jia Xu lifts his head and seems to not understand her. "Em?"

Sang Zhi looks at him and says nothing.

Duan Jia Xu responds. "Xiao Hai?"

Sang Zhi nods.

Duan Jia Xu: "You don't like Ge Ge to call you that way?"

"Not really." Sang Zhi murmurs. "It's just I am not Xiao Hai anymore."

"You are not Xiao Hai?" Duan Jia Xu finds it is funny. "So you feel now you are Da Xiao Hai (big kid)?"

"....."

Sang Zhi pursues her lips and ignores him.

Duan Jia Xu feels it's nothing big so he doesn't really car. "Ge Ge just uses to that way of addressing you."

Sang Zhi immediately turns very determined. "Then you should change it."

"Okay, then what should I call you?" He thinks about it. "Xiao Sang Zhi?"

Sang Zhi is dissatisfied.

Couldn't you leave out the word "Xiao (Little)"?

That way he still emphasizes that she is still little one.

Forget it.

Sang Zhi decides to let it go.

Anyway it's better.

She doesn't argue with him anymore, she just forces herself fo to no.

Duan Jia Xu remembers the first time he met her, he extends his hand to stroke her head. "You seem to be grow a bit taller."

Sang Zhi says seriously: "I'll grow even taller."

"Em." Duan Jia Xu says slovenly. "That time you'll be taller than Ge Ge then you'll protect Ge Ge."

"...." Sang Zhi imagines it and mumbles: "I don't need to be that tall."

Duan Jia Xu just laughs and continues to look at her last examination questions. "Xiao Hai, did you listen to the lecture?"

Before he said that he would change his habit to call her "Xiao Hai", now he calls her that way again.

Sang Zhi pretends not to hear him.

Duan Jia Xu says lazily: "Did you hear Ge Ge?"

Sang Zhi feels depressed, but she doesn't dare to act like she doesn't hear it. She approaches him and explains. "I listened, but I don't understand."

"Then how could be wrong in this question about the change of state of matter?"

"Oh." Sang Zhi points it out. "I was too quick, at first I want to choose A."

Duan Jia Xu acts like a smile yet not a smile. "This question you should choose B."

"...."

Their eyes meet each other.

Sang Zhi feels embarrassed yet she feels like she has no momentum. She simply be bold and assured. "Anyway I just don't understand it. I heard the lecture, I am too stupid. I couldn't understand it though I hear it."

"In the past didn't Ge Ge say to you to listen well during the lecture?" Duan Jia Xu says. "Do you forget about it?"

"It's been a long time...."