Chapter 53: Novel 35

Hearing that Duan Jia Xu inclines his head to one side to look at her. Under the dim light, his eyes are somewhat bright. He is smiling. He says with great interest: "You couldn't finish it in one night?"

"Yes it is."

"Xiao Sang Zhi is so popular ah?"

"Yes ah." Sang Zhi says reasonably. "I am beautiful ah."

Duan Jia Xu raises his eyebrows and says nothing.

This sudden silence is like denying her words.

Sang Zhi feels a bit unhappy, she withdraws her gaze and takes her phone. "Go sleep. Why should you pry about young person's life?"

"......"

Sang Zhi snorts: "You wouldn't understand too."

"Both of you brother-sister are doing this in purpose right?" Duan Jia Xu says, "For the whole day you guys keep on attacking my age, shouldn't you say it advance?"

Sang Zhi looks at him: "How did my Ge attack you? Aren't you guys at the same age?"

"He feels he is young." Duan Jia Xu laughs softly. "Okay, let's start talk now."

Sang Zhi doesn't respond. "What?"

"Ge Ge will help you check him." He suddenly remembers something, then says teasingly, "Ah right, XIao Sang Zhi brings Ge Ge a notebook."

"......"

"Ge Ge will take a good note of it."

Sang Zhi watches him for several seconds. Very quickly she flips her body so her back is facing him. She turns on her phone again and just shows her unwillingness to chat anymore: "I'll not tell you."

—–

The next morning, Sang Zhi still doesn't act heartlessly. She helps to wipe his face, arms and elbows.

This time Duan Jia Xu doesn't open up his eyes in sudden, he also says nothing.

But Sang Zhi doesn't look at him on the eyes. She tries hard to pretend to be uninterested. She is acting like she is wiping clean a non-living thing.

Before leaving, Sang Zhi considers about something and asks: "Jia Xu Ge, do you need anything? I'll bring it over for you at night."

"Em?" Duan Jia Xu seems still to be so sleepy, with his half-opened eyes: "I have keys inside my coat, you could take it. Help Ge Ge to bring the laptop inside my bedroom."

"....." Sang Zhi says "What do you want to do with your laptop?"

Duan Jia Xu opens his eyes and smiles: "Work."

Sang Zhi is startled and her expression turns unpleasant: "Aren't you taking a day off? Moreover you are sick now, why should you work? Your Lao Ban (Boss) will also not give you an extra money."

Duan Jia Xu looks at her and says nothing.

Sang Zhi: "I'll not bring it for you. I'll bring to you the other things. I'll leave now."

Then she leaves the room.

When she is in the Metro, she opens up Jiang Ming's voice notes: "Sang Zhi, are you free now? I and friends will go to the sport game hall.– do you want to come? — I heard from Ning Wei that you'll not be back to the dorm, it's late it's not safe to be alone outside, let me pick you up?"

She hesitates for a while and replies: [I'm sorry, last night I didn't see my phone. Thank you for your care.]

Sang Zhi returns to the dorm and takes a shower. She changes her clothes.