Chapter 75: Huang Province Top Brass

Media: https://pin.it/7E06Wa6
Dedicated to Alievethepettybitch because she made me laugh

Around an elongated table sat seventeen people. At the head was the Duke, to his right was the Duchess and to his left was Qiaoli.

The ones present were the thirteen noble seats of the Huang province and a representative from the Huang elders. This was a separate meeting consisting of only the Huang Province's top authorities. After it was a small break and another gathering with the lower titles. 

"It is most pleasant to have, her Excellency, Marquise Yan back with us. Have you recuperated well?" A Viscount who wasn't surnamed Huang opened some small talk.

Regardless of the ideas running in their minds about Yan Marquise's disappearance these past few years, they would still act like she was just back from a long vacation.

"Thanking Viscount Rong for the concern. Yes, this Marquise is alive and well." Qiaoli flashed a grin.

An elder with a long white beard snorted. But it was a Huang-surnamed Baron who spoke up.

"Of course, her Excellency is great. With all the commotion about those women exiting the ducal estate, one would think she really grew up well in the mountains."

It was a blatant insult, not even beating around the bush. Qiaoli saw her brother frowning so she spoke before he could.

"Well yes, dear Lord. This Marquise grew up well and really loves the mountains. Speaking of, the Xia district seems to have this great view of mountains and even has hot springs. This Marquise will have her birthday soon. Asking the Lord Baron not to forget me."

It was also a blatant demand to give her that piece of land.

The Representative Elder from Huang clan finally couldn't take it.

"Her Excellency should always keep etiquette in her mind. Growing up elsewhere is not an excuse for misdeeds."

Qiaoli narrowed her eyes at the elder. She knew his name. Huang Liang is one of the most powerful elders currently active in the clan. He also led the idea of chucking women inside her brother's house.

She took a sip of tea and appreciated it, pushing forward an awkward silence that reigned over the table.

When she finally opened her lips, of course, it wasn't for anything good.

"Misdeeds. Yes, like breaking my Huang family's rules to let women try to seduce my brother. Like those vixens deserve our name."

The words were said without fluctuations and as if Qiaoli was just talking about afternoon tea. Another veil of silence coated the place but this time, it was from shock.

Her Excellency's crisp laugh was heard.

"It's good that I came back. Your silly faces just remind me you've already forgotten how my father and mother ruled."

"You dare?!" Elder Huang roared. No one knew if his anger stemmed from the disrespect or the memory of the late Duke and Duchess.

He then released his aura, intent on teaching the girl a lesson.

If she crumbled and broke down, then this incident was just another mistake their young patriarch made. Bringing a person without cultivation into this meeting would show how incompetent the current generation of the direct line was.

But under everyone's gaze, Huang Qiaoli didn't even bat an eyelid and stood up from her seat. "Ara, Elder's anger might affect your health. Careful of blowing up a vein and dying."