Chapter 29: Am I Human?

Hong Chun's first memory of this world was around when she was six years old. Well, Father Hong implied that her age was six so she went with the flow.

She was told she had an accident that might have affected her brain a bit so the matter of memory loss was explained.

On the other hand, she had always been cynical so she doubted if she really came from Mother Hong's womb. The number one reason was her lighter hair. As far as she knew no one from both sides of the family had a similar feature. But it could be fixed with dyes so her peace wasn't bothered.

As she grew up, many more clues sprang right before her eyes. Old Shang's devotion, the little slip of the tongue by the Hong couple every now and then, and the way they avoided her gaze sometimes. But she ignored them for the sake of being free of drama.

She had no idea where in the world she came from anyway so it was better to shut up. But some things couldn't be avoided forever. She realized it now.

The truth she ignored ended up smashing her door and entering her life forcefully.

It was in the form of assassins and Old Shang's death. It was also in the form of the mysterious person in front of her.

She assumed he was like Si Hai, a spirit. Because someone with this otherworldly face wouldn't be human.

But Si Hai was like a baby chick in front of this mister. She reckoned he must have done something to her because the memories from before when she was six years old and her AI were magically unlocked.

Among those memories, he was also present. And if those were accurate, he might hold the reason why her soul was taken by that insane scientist.

"Are you mad at me?" One couldn't possibly stay angry if they heard his sweet gentle tone. And yet, the girl in front of him seemed immune to his mild temperament.

She shook her head and broke free from his arms. Standing up, she realized her hair was longer than it should be. It now reached her buttocks as opposed to the elbow-length she always kept. It must be because of the abundant spiritual power of this person.

Qin Yu watched as the maiden examined herself. Of course, she would look clean as though she just went out of her courtyard. All the rips on her clothes and the wounds on her body were treated by him.

Then, he heard her mutter. "Turn off HUD."

He felt a subtle shift on her as she said that. It wasn't the spiritual power he was most familiar with but it was something similar.

If he didn't know her inside out, he would be curious. Qin Yu doubted if cultivators could even sense her ability. Because looking at her again, Huang Qiaoli appeared to have no cultivation base just like fourteen years ago.

Hong Chun looked at him after making sure that her body was fine as though the pain before was an illusion. 

"Is there something wrong?" (QY)

That kind voice irritated her which confused her so she put a hand on her chin.

I think there's really something wrong with me.

It had been only several minutes since she woke up but she displayed more genuine emotions than she did when she was on modern Earth and in the Hong fu combined.

She was somewhat afraid to think that she was losing her firm control over her emotions.

The person who had been ignored all this time had admirable patience. He still sat there quietly and waited for her to sort her thoughts.