Chapter 44: ML's Intelligence

Nuo Ying Su wanted to stop Huang Qiaoli but couldn't afford to say a word. The woman had instilled a pressure on her that she didn't know about. Even though Lady Huang knew that she was a transmigrated woman, she could still insist that the woman was spouting nonsense.

But her instincts told her that it would be wrong to make her an enemy. It was so strong that she had gotten stiff in her seat.

Huang Qiaoli had no idea about what the female lead was thinking about, she continued conversing with the Emperor. "I think I'm being chased around by assassins these days. His Majesty might know why?"

Long Yi Ran looked bewildered. She had to give it to him. He was better at acting.

"Assassins? Was that the reason why you were separated from your envoy? That's... We don't know what to say but We'll definitely investigate and give you an explanation!"

Hearing this, Huang Qiaoli laughed. As soon as the sound escaped her lips, she stopped in a disturbing manner.

"Don't kid with me. What do you want to do? Is there any sense in keeping me here?"

She stared straight at Long Yi Ran. Her golden eyes were determined to read any emotion on his face.

The Emperor's serene smile cracked a little. He was a person of royal descent and being stared at like this sparked a flame of anger in his heart.

He lowered his lids to hide his annoyance before looking at the man behind the lady. "We never knew this was the kind of woman you wanted to marry."

Mao Zhu felt lightheaded. So it was true.

She... she was really alive! But how could Hong Chun change her appearance like this?

"Emperor, please don't change the subject. We must speak like real adults here and save the poisonous words for your ministers, what do you say?"

Mao Zhu walked forward a few steps just to hear these words from the woman who looked like Hong Chun but didn't sound like her at all. Chun mei would never say something so irresponsible.

Ignoring all the questions in his head, he warned her, "Chun mei, watch your words in front of his Majesty!" You might get yourself killed!

He didn't dare to utter the last part.

Qiaoli glanced at him and whispered. "You don't need to call me that anymore... Also, you don't need to worry about me. From the moment you chose to serve your Emperor, you lost Hong Chun."

It wasn't just because he didn't warn her about the assassins. It was also because her status wouldn't allow a man from Great Han to be with her.

Qiaoli didn't have the chance to think of matters between a man and a woman when she was a robot. Of course, that was because she was a robot. Now that she was back in this world, she had thought it through. Even if she would need a man, she wouldn't get a person who was indecisive as f*ck.

Forget about his attraction to Nuo Ying Su over there. Let that subject be bygones.

Mao Zhu already chose to protect his family and she wouldn't fault him for that. But he should do it until the end without looking back at her with those sickening loving eyes.

It only made her want to punch him. Her way of thinking might be extreme but nothing could sway her mind.

Mao Zhu was left speechless. When he saw her, all he thought was 'she came back'. He forgot about the fact that he knew what was going to happen that night. And he obeyed the royal order instead of lending her a hand.