Chapter 47: The Deal

Since the day he lost his family, Huang Li Yun's sore spot was his inability to find his sister. And here was a brave chap who was claiming he had the person he was looking for.

"That person is in Great Han under Our jurisdiction. The actions you take will also affect her." The Emperor said with a steady breath.

He was at a disadvantage when it came to physical prowess but the duke was a man who cared about Lady Huang a lot, it seems. Long Yi Ran knew this because of how meticulous the duke was in trying to find her. If he didn't discover their traces, he wouldn't believe that the duke was searching for someone in his empire.

The duke's carefulness reflected how he cared about the life of that person.

The fifth prince of Huo Ai who had been ignored since the beginning didn't care whether his questions were answered or not. He was here to be a melon-eating person after all. Still, as if he didn't know anything about it, he made an 'oh' sound like he couldn't help but be amazed at the Emperor's skill.

>Melon-eating person: idiom for a curious/gossipy bystander<

Since the day Huang Li Yun became the Duke of Li, the fifth prince never saw this severe face of his again. The duke was famous for his eternal smile as if it was plastered on his face. Nuan Lin Che heard it was the former Duchess' wish to see him smile often but the orphaned young duke took it way too seriously.

Looking at Huang Li Yun right now, this was the face the fifth prince had often seen when they were youngsters.

A frown that could split the sky in two and lips pursed in a straight line. Dark clouds seemed to be hanging just above his head and it affected the mood of everyone surrounding him.

Nuan Lin Che covered his mouth to stop the bubbling malicious laughter in his throat. He coughed twice before saying a few words.

"Might this prince ask Yi Xiao Emperor why you're threatening this prince's brother like this? Why do you lie?" The fifth prince defended the duke's honor but his voice had a strange edge to it.

>Yi Xiao is Long Yi Ran's title. He is Yi Xiao Emperor<

Only now did Long Yi Ran gave his attention to the ill-looking prince. Once their eyes met, the Emperor felt his chest tighten as though a cobra locked gazes with him.

How could a sickly person emit such aura?

On the other hand, Duke Li's face had grown uglier by the minute. He didn't like the fact that the fifth prince knew his secret.

In Huo Ai, there were many gossips surrounding the Duke's sister. Some said she lived like a hermit since the accident fourteen years ago. It was claimed that she grew too depressed so she dedicated herself to praying to Cai Xie every single day in the Huang duchy.

There were skepticisms in the noble circle that the duke's younger sister might have died already either due to heart ache of losing her parents. Or that she had an ugly scar on her face so she hid from the sun and people.

Now that the debauchee fifth prince learned of the truth that he was trying to find a person in Great Han, Huang Li Yun wanted to blow up on the spot. This prince was the favorite son of Huo Ai's Emperor, an enemy of his Huang family.

Noticing the duke's mood, Nuan Lin Che assured him but it wasn't so reassuring. "It's alright brother. Isn't it just a person? You can trust this prince to be quiet about this."

The duke didn't believe him one bit. But he should deal with Yi Xiao Emperor first. His priority was confirming the Emperor's claims.

Huang Li Yun sat down on his seat, restraining his fury. "What does the Emperor need?"