Chapter 57: Sharing One's Burden

Inside Qiaoli's room, the girl told the story to her brother from the start and didn't hold back. Her dazed face told Li Yun that she had difficulty unearthing something she had buried.

Regaining her memories indeed was both a blessing and a curse.

That day when she was six years old and was mischievous, she went to the back mountains of the Huang estate. She had done this many times before so she was bold. But the child never expected that people with malicious intent had already been following her routine for almost a year.

That fated day, they took her and she never came back.

As she was held in captivity, she didn't know if it was a few days or weeks or months. But the childhood innocence dictated her blind faith in her father and mother. In her dumb way, she was unafraid.

And her thoughts were true as Ba and Niang came soon. They fled away from the dark place and ran for many miles.

But at last, the pair succumbed in the wintry forest. The child was also dying from heart attack but a celestial was moved by the pleas of the dying pair and saved the child. Saying up to this part, Qiaoli's eyelashes trembled. She couldn't continue.

"Is something wrong? You've said up to this point and you still want to hide something?" Huang Li Yun's tone was harsh but who was he talking to?

The girl wasn't softhearted at all and even when she exploded herself at the other world, she didn't even cry. How would she cry by these words?

"I... I fear that you won't believe." She looked down to find her hands clutching her skirt.

Li Yun snorted. "What can I not believe? This world is large. Great Han is nothing but a backwater rural area. You haven't seen Huo Ai for more than a decade and you will naturally be stained by this place's perspective. But what I have seen in Huo Ai and the places beyond is something that can only be considered a dream for the people of this place."

Don't know why, this Duke could be sweet mouthed to everyone, both enemies and foes, yet his calloused mouth would always be activated in front of his sister. Both of them had pecularities that were truly unique.

Qiaoli started to doubt if it was normal for people of Huo Ai to travel to other dimensions so she gained confidence to continue her story.

"By mistake, my soul flew to world different from here. There, I lived for over two decades and I wasn't a person but a soul transferred to a piece of metal to be a weapon. People feared me and my creator. But I killed him by detonating myself. I still don't how but the celestial was able to take me back here."

Li Yun expected to hear an outrageous thing but his eyes still went wide upong hearing this. When he said he had seen many things, what he meant was somewhere in this world. It was also partly to boast to his sister that her da ge was strong. He didn't expect to hear the literal meaning of 'out of this world.'

His expression went bitter and his throat felt dry. "This... this celestial that you spoke of..."

He let her call her savior 'celestial' because in front of an oppressed person, anyone who would lend a helping hand seemed strong and brimming with miracles from the heavens. He didn't think too much. But now that other worlds were involved, he wondered if it was really true.

"A'mei, I will tell you a few things so you'll be educated once we go home. Celestials... have vanished for almost a millenium. They have all left this world and ascended. Our Huo Ai is filled with people who want to follow their steps but couldn't. The clans and sects fight for resources and boasts their cultivation but the elders know there is little chance to ascend."