Chapter 8: Overbearing Heart

Media: https://pin.it/3YqiMup

---

In the Hong residence, there was a single pavilion where Hong Chun liked to unwind and write. If she felt her quarters were too stuffy, she'd go out there.

Today was one of those days.

This pavilion wasn't anything special like those described in novels. There was no large pond surrounding it or colorful flowers to enjoy the view. But it provided cool shade and relaxation.

If it was the usual, Hong Chun would have a clear mind while idly writing down anything that came to her mind.

Looking into the distance, thoughts started bothering her.

How did she get here?

Sometimes, Hong Chun couldn't help asking this question.

All she remembered was living her life away from the hustle and bustle of urban life in M country. She found interacting with people outside the online world tiring.

So living in the province was her best choice. But even if she was supposed to be in a rural area, she had fast internet and her stream of income was unimpeded.

How come one day, she was born here out of nowhere?

Or was it really nowhere? Maybe she died?

That was the most possible explanation. Considering that the couple who spawned her was among the top of the list of most wanted criminals...

That pair's enemies weren't limited to the government. Whether it was the police or people from the underworld too, for them to find her was a jackpot.

Shaking her head, she steered her mind away from those thoughts.

She sighed but wasn't sure if there were regrets.

As she was about to grind some ink, a person arrived, holding snacks.

Hong Chun looked up to see Si Hai putting the tray on the table.

Wanting to strike a conversation, she asked, "Faring well?"

There was a small smile in Si Hai's face as he nodded.

"Lady needs some help?" The young man gestured to the inkstone.

As always, she had no qualms when people offered to make her life easier. "Sure."

For a while, the atmosphere was harmonious. The lady was focused on her task and the young man silently admired her work.

Hong Chun admitted that Si Hai's appearance was something she didn't expect. After staying here for a few weeks, his gaunt face and scrawny body were becoming a little fuller.

His face was innocently sweet and charming, making any woman with maternal instincts instantly love him.

When the two of them were side by side, one could see that he was well-mannered and could even be said to be better than her when it came to natural grace.

If Hong Chun thought in terms of novel characters, Si Hai would be perfect as a cute little Shou.

But of course, it would be a disaster if she played as his Gong.

This line of thought got her smiling.

"Some days, my family will eat out here... Father and I will play Go while teaching Xiao Ting. Mother will either paint or join in the game."

Her nonchalant voice wasn't something to be surprised about, it was what Si Hai observed in these couple of days he was here.

This Miss Hong wasn't anything dainty or exquisite like how ordinary people imagined misses from official's residences were.