Chapter 9: Invitation

Media: https://pin.it/6rXBtsW

---

"What if I tell you that I know what you're after and that you won't get it even if you use my family?"

Frozen stiff, Si Hai forgot all thoughts of pretending to be in love with this person. It was alright if the love tonic was seen through but saying that she knew what he wanted was a bit too much to accept.

At that moment, the young man's face warped into pure anger.

He leaned closer and grabbed her collar. Towering over the woman, he hissed, "You don't know anything about me!"

But Hong Chun wasn't affected by his fury. The more agitated he was, the better.

It was because right now she understood he couldn't afford to kill her. She might be his one shot at revenge. Hong Chun learning about his plans didn't mean he could abandon them.

There was a high chance that he could get physical but wounds and bruises weren't a problem unless she was crippled. Crippling her though would be very disadvantageous to him.

So despite the raging man before her, she was rational. She didn't even mind how close their faces were to each other.

However, someone suddenly coughed in the background.

"Miss, someone from the Mao residence came to visit."

A red-faced servant bravely interrupted.

Si Hai decided to let her go but it was Hong Chun's turn to grab someone's lapels. She mirrored his actions but her voice was barely above a whisper.

She was satisfied that her words were fully heard even though it looked like they were carried away by the soft wind.

Not even bothering to admire her handiwork, she turned around. In her mind, she could still picture his exact reaction.

From deep-seethed anger, the young man's face drastically changed to that of utter shock. Unmoving, he was left staring at the retreating back of that deceivingly ordinary girl.

"A'Bai, have your sister serve my snacks from now on. Let Si Hai only follow Old Shang as he should." Hong Chun stated with a bland tone while fixing her robes.

But the person behind her didn't respond.

She turned her head and smiled at the servant. "Understood?"

"Ye-yes!" the boy replied as he was thinking about what that newcomer, Si Hai, had done to make their family's nice miss be this scary.

That image just now, were they having an argument?

But how could someone be so audacious to quarrel with a master of the house? The poor male servant couldn't even begin to think where Si Hai had gotten the gall to be so close to their lady!

How A'Bai wished the young miss to just punish that newcomer. But physical punishment rarely occurred in the Hong residence.

Still, it was better than seeing this person who was giving him goosebumps for no reason at all.

Lady ah, if you're upset about something, you should let it out! Don't scare this servant to death!

He better not tell this to anyone or her ladyship would probably blame him.

Meanwhile, Hong Chun's words were endlessly playing in Si Hai's head.

He tried to sense her identity but there was nothing special about her.