Chapter 32: A Great Puzzle

Hoping the info dump isn't too much *cross fingers*
Early update y'all!!!

---

"So Hong Chun probably died already." The person who 'died' said without an ounce of concern.

It was the most predictable move the Emperor would make.

If the things she wrote still held a shred of truth, then according to Long Yi Ran's character, he wouldn't let it be known that she was still alive. Even if he confirmed it or not, he would make it so that the bothersome person would be announced as dead.

Hong Chun's death was inconsequential to Great Han. She was just a daughter of a fifth-ranked official. But if Hong Chun 'survived' the fire, her true identity would more likely be revealed and the Crimson Trail wouldn't stop hunting her to fulfill their zero failed kill.

Then, if it was discovered that the 'girl from Huo Ai' died in Great Han, the clan behind her could use this as an excuse to spark a war. Entering a war with the most isolated nation was very disadvantageous to Great Han. The Emperor didn't know how strong their military prowess was, how mighty their men, or the strategies they used.

All of these thorough considerations were what Long Yi Ran probably thought. So even though he more or less guessed that Hong Chun escaped, he went ahead and let someone declare she was dead.

The part of her that was QQ the author still knew her characters so well. The piece of her that was Hong Chun was now dead and before that, she detonated herself when she was the Quiet Plum.

"Huang Qiaoli..." that was the name given to her by the Niang and Ba Ba in her memories.

"Qiaoqiao..." Qin Yu voiced out a nickname.

When the maiden turned to him in confusion, he explained. "Your parents called you that."

She realized that everything was really connected.

QQ. Quiet Plum. Huang Qiaoli.

>A/N: in case, you've forgotten- QQ was her online pen name, Quiet Plum can be the English meaning of Huang Qiaoli<

Back in modern Earth, she didn't remember anything but the universe had a way of still reminding her... 

Remembering the stories she wrote, she turned to Qin Yu. "Now, there are some things I'm quite curious about."

Qin Yu saw a devilish curve tugging the maiden's lips but she probably had no idea how creepy it would look to a normal person.

The clone of moonlight that he tried hard maintaining suddenly glitched a little. Huang Qiaoli saw it but decided to ignore it. She knew this wasn't his real body no matter how it felt and looked four-dimensional.

However, whatever technique he used, he was nearing the end of his control. Did it really require a lot of his spiritual power to free her memories? Or was it something else?

"I'm curious why you need to do a stupid move of having your minions raise me."

The honorable Scholars' Guild of Great Han was reduced to a bunch of minions in her eyes. She was positive that it was Qin Yu who brought her to them.

Why go the trouble? Why not just raise her in the middle of a woods somewhere instead of producing this much drama?

"They're not my minions," Qin Yu denied.

He was speaking the truth. The core members of that guild were the few people who still worshipped Cai Xie in Zhong Xin, the name people of Huo Ai used for the other four nations.