Drunk Texting (A+S)

A/N: Angst. Ig👁
•Drunk Texting-Chris Brown [€]
•P**** Fairy- Jhene Aiko

THIS IS THE PAST!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

   It was the middle of June. The weather had already soaked up all of the pleasant warmth and began heating up something dangerous, signifying the greatest heats of summer. But the atmosphere was just right. The flowers were in bloom, the streets were bustling, and the days were filled with a beautiful vibrant morning and a twinkling stellar night. The clouds were nowhere to be found at night, replaced with a clear and conspicuous view, so beautiful it caught Shouyou's eye longer than it should. 'It reminds me of his eyes' he thought, quickly shoving the thought to the back of his head. He can't think about him now. It's not fair.

  It's not fair, he concludes, sitting in the bar, swirling his alcoholic drink with his straw. Who would've guessed he turned to alcohol to solve his problems, huh? Well it doesn't matter now, as he feels his life all crashing down on him at once. It might've been going too well for the past year, too well in an overwhelmingly quick time that it's now catching back up to him. And it's bad.

"You alone tonight?" A woman, who looks to be around his age in his guesses, asks. She slides in the stool next to him without moving her gaze once to look at him. So he turns to look at her, and she looked at him in return.

"..yeah."

The woman seemed like she already knew the answer to that question, giving a knowing nod.

"Me too."

No conversation followed, no intense discussion, just silence as the only noises heard were the clinking of glasses and the click the ice made as it watered down.

  "Drink often?"

  "Rarely. Special occasion." The lady answered, Shouyou nodding.

"I do sometimes. Not a lot, but only if I'm feeling it."

"And you are tonight? At 11:56 p.m?"

"Seems like." He let out a dry laugh, looking back into his cup.

"Fight with your girlfriend?" Came her voice, and it shook the redhead out of his gaze.

"How'd you-

"Dunno. Just gave a guess." She said before he could ask, scratching the back of her neck.

Shouyou sighed out, steeling himself with his hands on the island in front of him.

"Boyfriend, by the way." She understood without a second word, nodding once again.

"Fighting with yours?"

"If I got the chance before he dashed on me." The man looked at her with a pitied expression, causing her to shift awkwardly.

"Don't feel bad, happens to the best of us."

"I don't know about that."  The woman laughed, kicking her leg over her other.

"Well, I don't either. Just something to keep telling myself in the meantime. I just don't know where I went wrong." It got quiet, strangely quiet, before the ginger spoke up again.

"You probably didn't. Guys are just pieces of shit."

"Saying from experience? Your boyfriend?"

"No. Me." There it was, that stunning silence, perusing the air around them. Shouyou looked to the woman once again, seeing her look to him with her own pitiful face.