Chapter 5

Declan's POV
"Did you hear that? I swear I just heard her name."

"Who's name?" My little brother Hayden asked, trying to figure out who I was looking for.

"Nevermind." I tore my gaze away from the crowd, looking back over at my brother. I was probably just hearing things. There was no way my therapist was here. Though I wouldn't mind seeing her again before my next session.

I couldn't help myself as I skimmed the crowd once more, thinking that maybe just maybe it wasn't all in my head and Aya was really here. 

When I didn't see any sign of her, I decided to focus my attention back on the drink in front of me. I brought the glass up to my lips, tasting the bourbon that the bartender my father had hired made.

"One beer please." 

I rolled my eyes when I heard Mason on the left of me ordering an alcoholic drink. "Don't serve him. He's underage," I told the bartender, snatching the freshly made drink and pouring it out on the sand.

"Why do you have to be such an ass, Declan?" He said in annoyance, frowning up at me.

"You're underage, Mason. So either get some water or suck it the fuck up."

He flipped me off, storming off to make out with the same girl he was fucking on my couch yesterday when I got home.

"Kids these days. Am I right?" Hayden commented, in the midst of consuming a cup of beer in a red solo cup. 

Snatching the cup out of his hands, I glared at the bartender.  "Don't serve any of my siblings, got it?"

He nodded, turning his attention to another customer.

I don't know why the hell my parents left me on babysitting duty. I can't keep up with them. I mean I don't even know where my sisters are.

"Go find Harper and Ade," I instructed, Hayden saluting me and smirking as he walked off to go find out what our sisters had gotten themselves into.

"Having fun?" I glanced over at my mother, my father standing beside her as they approached the bar.

"No. I'd rather be at home watching Finding Nemo."

My mother chuckled lightly, the sound warming my heart. I've been in a grumpy mood all night since they told me that I would have to keep an eye on my siblings. But I couldn't help but to smile at my mother.

"We'll handle your siblings. Go mingle."

"Fine." I stepped away from the bar, about to make my way towards the bonfire until I paused, realizing how out of place their clothing looked.

My father had buttoned up his white shirt wrong, having missed a button. And my mother's dress was slightly hiked up, revealing her bright blue one piece underneath.

"Aren't you two a little old to be..." I trailed off, shuddering in disgust as I didn't want to finish that sentence.

"Your mother's never to old for this d-"

"Please don't finish that sentence, dad!" I protested, cutting him off before he could say what I think he was about to say.

"What? I was just going to say dick." I glared at him and he smirked, kissing my mother's neck. "After tonight, you may have another sibling on the way." They started making out, completely forgetting that I was still standing here. 

"I'm going to be in therapy for the rest of my life," I grumbled, rushing off to get away from them and make sure my siblings weren't doing anything they shouldn't be doing.

As I was shuffling through the crowd of people so I can find and gather up all my brothers and sisters, I wasn't looking where I was going and ended up bumping into someone.

"Watch where you're-" I started to say until I looked down and saw her. I froze, staring at a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes. "Aya..."

"D-Declan," she stammered, biting her lip and looking away. There was a panicked look on her face, her eyes looking everywhere but at me as if she were looking to escape. "I was just leaving."

She turned to go, but my hand shot out to grab her wrist before I couldn't even think. She paused, twisting her body to look down at my hand on her wrist before looking back up at me.

"Don't go," I pleaded, finally feeling like my night of babysitting was starting to look up now that she was here.

"I shouldn't even be here."

"Why not?" I asked, tilting my head, my eyes still trained on her. My eyes trailed down to her lush, gloss covered lips before meeting her eyes again.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"I'm not uncomfortable. In fact, I'm quite comfortable." Her cheeks darkened in color and a smirk tugged at the corners of my mouth. "Stay a while."

She yanked her wrist free from my grasp, looking behind her. She looked like she was searching for someone. Friends maybe? I hope it's friends she's looking for, and not a boyfriend.

"I can't," she replied, bringing her gaze back to me. "I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

She glanced back at the ocean behind her. "Swimming." She turned her body, walking down the shore and towards the water.

"I thought you were leaving?"

I followed her, enjoying the view of her firm ass in the little red bikini she was wearing from a distance. I won't deny my attraction. And I sure as hell won't deny that I want her. My father always taught me to go after what I want and that's exactly what I plan to do.

She stopped abruptly, pushing on my chest with the palm of her hand. I noticed the way her brows slightly rose, as if shocked by the muscle underneath my solid black tee shirt.

Her eyes met mine again, her lips slightly parted and her breathing uneven. She removed her hand, shoving it behind her back like she wouldn't be able to stop herself from touching me again if she hadn't.

"Stop," she murmured breathlessly.

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything."

"You're following me."

"I can't go for a swim?"

"With me? No, you can't," she remarked. "That would be inappropriate."

"It's just swimming, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that," she retorted.

"Okay, Aya." She gulped, once again looking everywhere but at me as she tried to find a way to escape. "Are you intentionally trying to avoid me, Aya?"

"Stop saying my name."

I bit back the grin trying to surface. "What am I supposed to call you then?"

She opened her mouth to speak again, but was interrupted by two women, who I assumed were the friends she may have been looking for a few minutes ago.

"Aya!" A beautiful latin girl spoke, grabbing her friend's arm when she reached her side.

"We were looking everywhere for you," her other friend, an equally beautiful black girl said, grabbing her other arm.

Their mouths fell open when they saw me. They both shared a look with one another before bringing their attention back to me. The two women looked like they wanted to say something, but couldn't as they had suddenly lost the ability to speak.

I knew what that felt like. Being mute wasn't fun. You try so hard to speak, but shyness and fear takes over, making it extremely difficult to form words and especially sentences.

"I'm ready to go," Aya said quickly, walking away and tugging her friends along with her before I had time to stop her. "I'll see you in my office tomorrow, Declan. Have a good night."