Chapter 26

After speaking with doctor Newman about one of my patients, I told her and Claudia at the front desk to have a good night before getting into my car and heading home.

I only had an hour to finish packing for our trip to Declan's parents beach house. Mrs. Isaacs suggested the idea to us as a sort of couple's getaway. 

It was originally just going to be the two of us, but then we both decided to invite our friends and make it a group vacation with Joy and Adrianna bringing Eli and Paxton.

When I made it to my apartment all three of us were scrambling around the space to grab our things and put them into a suitcase. We were going in and out of rooms trying to make sure we had everything we needed.

Deodorant?

Check.

Toothbrush?

Check.

Swimsuit and beach towel?

Check.

Condoms?

Check and check.

The condoms were the most important item aside from bringing deodorant and a toothbrush. Declan and I didn't use protection the last time we were together, and I had to take a plan b as a result.

I was on birth control for awhile, but had to get off of it because it was giving me terrible migraines and I was gaining weight- none of it in the right places. I haven't gone back to taking it since.

Last night was proof that Declan's pull out game isn't the greatest. So now I'm relying only on condoms to prevent an unplanned pregnancy.

Zipping up my suitcase, I stood up and sighed. "I think I'm all set. How about you guys?"

Joy nodded, giving us a thumbs up. "All set."

We both looked at Adrianna, who was lugging around three suitcases- all of them different sizes. "I'm all set too," she said with a smile.

"Do you seriously need three suitcases?" I asked her. "We are only going to be gone for four days."

"What do you even have in there?" Joy questioned, eyeing the pink bedazzled suitcases.

"Aside from the usual clothes and toiletries? Lingerie, swimsuits, and a shit ton of sex toys," she replied. Joy and I must have been looking at her weirdly, because she said, "don't knock it till you try it."

I wasn't kink shaming or anything, but I've never used toys during sex. I guess I'm pretty vanilla. And although I packed my vibrator, I never thought about using it on Declan. 

But maybe I should.

****

After enduring a two hour long drive with Adrianna failing dismally to hit every Adriana Grande note -I'm pretty sure I'm deaf in one ear now- we finally arrive at the beach house.

I spotted Declan's car in the driveway, the guys having made the trip over together like we did. After sending Declan a quick text letting him know we are here, Joy popped open the trunk and we grabbed our suitcases.

Walking up the staircase, the door opened and the guys came out to help us with our luggage. Declan took mine into the house, while Eli took Joy's.

Paxton rushed over to grab Adrianna's bags as she struggled to get all three suitcases up the steps. "You have way too many bags, love," he commented, effortlessly carrying all three into the house. 

She followed him into the house and I didn't hear what she said next. I'm assuming she told him what was in the bags, because when I entered the house Paxton's entire face was red.