Chapter 21

"Surprise!"

I jump back, clutching my chest and breathing heavily to really sell my performance.

Adrianna and Joy see right through my dramatic performance, both of them sporting a glare on their face as they look to Declan.

"You told her, didn't you?" Joy accuses, her hand on her hip.

"Yes, he did," I answer. "But it's not like it matters, because you guys do this every year. So it's not much of a surprise anymore."

Walking inside, Declan closes the door and goes into the kitchen to grab a vase for the flowers while I set my purse down on the kitchen counter, eyeing the homemade strawberry cake with a single candle in the center.

Swiping some icing on to my index finger, I suck it clean off my finger and moan in delight at the sweet taste.

"How was dinner with your parents?" Adrianna asked, watching me ruin the birthday cake she made for me.

I glance over at Declan as he walks over to the couch to speak to his cousin and Eli. Grabbing my friends arms, I pull them into my room and shut the door so the guys won't be able to hear.

"He basically told my parents that he's falling for me."

"What?" Adrianna squealed, clapping her hands together. Telling her to lower her voice, she apologizes and sits down on my bed. "Tell us everything."

I told them everything from Declan arriving at my place of work with flowers to him basically telling my parents that he was falling for me. 

I of course left out the details about me having an orgasm in his car on the way to the restaurant. They didn't need to know that.

"He said all that and you're here, instead of being at his place riding the shit out of his ass?" Joy questioned incredulously.

"Well you guys planned this surprise party for me and I-"

Adrianna cursed in Spanish, rolling her eyes. "Excuses, excuses, Aya. Go give that man some of that therapist pussy. He deserves it."

Joy started scrambling around the room, packing me a bag full of lingerie, condoms, and anything else I would need to stay the night. 

Leaving the room, she came back with my toothbrush, toothpaste, and a towel. She put everything into the mini purple duffle bag, before shoving the bag into my arms. "You're all set," she said with a wide smile.

Adrianna started pushing me out of the door. "Wait, do I at least get a piece of cake?"

"No, cake gives you gas."

"But-"

"No buts. It will still be here tomorrow."

Returning to the living room, the guys all turned their heads in our directions. They stared at us in confusion, probably having heard all the commotion in my room.

"Party's over," Joy said, walking over to the couch and sitting down Eli's lap.

"But the party just began," Paxton chimed in, confusion etched into his features.

Adrianna approached Paxton and took his hand in hers, pulling him to his feet. "We can start our own party in my room." His blue eyes widened, Adrianna leading him back down the hall and towards her room.

Declan stood up and walked over to me, his hand sliding onto my waist. "Your friends are acting weirder than usual." He whispered in concern. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I whispered back, nervously chewing on the inside of my cheek. "Didn't you have another surprise for me?"

"Yeah, but it's back at my place."

"Okay, let's go."

****

"Cover your eyes," he instructed, before opening the door and carefully leading me into his condo. Doing as he instructed, I inched forward with caution. "I got you, darling," he murmured in my ear.

I shuddered, loving the sound of his low voice in my ear. Allowing him to guide me throughout the spacious condo, I focused on listening to the soothing sound of his voice. "Almost there."

When he stopped, I stopped. Declan slowly removed his hands from my eyes. "Okay, you can open your eyes now."

My eyes fluttered open, my mouth falling open at the scene before me. We were in a room surrounded by lit candles, a movie being projected onto the plain white wall, and a gigantic black bean bag chair stationed in the middle of the room.

"I know you said you didn't want to make a big deal out of your birthday, so I figured we could just cuddle and watch a movie."

Turning around, I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. "You're so sweet. Thank you." 

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. It's so simple, but it's cute. It's exactly how I wanted to spend my birthday.

I was eager to jump on the bean bag and make myself comfortable, but didn't have any pajamas to change into. Thanks to Joy, I only had lingerie to wear in my duffle bag.

"Do you mind if I borrow one of your shirts?"

He shook his head, leaving the room to I assume grab me a shirt to wear. When he returned, he was wearing a pair of black and white plaid pajamas that hung off his hips, exposing more of his tattoos.

Swallowing, I brought my attention away from his v-line. I focused on the solid white tee shirt he was carrying in one hand and the tray of popcorn, candy, and my favorite red wine he was carrying in the other.

He set the tray down on the floor near the bean bag chair and handed me the shirt. "Do you want some help?" He offered, motioning to the zipper on the back of my dress.

Nodding, I let him unzip me out of my dress, which I then set aside so I could change into his shirt. After thanking him, I wasted no time jumping onto the bean bag chair.

He laughed, the sound wholesome and light as he joined me on the bean bag. Unfolding the extremely soft polyester blanket, he covered our bodies and placed the tray on his lap. "So what are we watching, birthday girl?"

"Well, I've never actually seen Finding Nemo. So let's watch that."

He gasped, an offended look in his eyes. "You wound me, love."

"I'm sorry. But I've always been a Tangled and Princess and the Frog kind of girl," I told him with a smile, reaching into the tray to grab a handful of buttery popcorn and shove it into my mouth.

"Mmm," he replied with a hum, using his phone to pull up the movie. "Let's see if I can change that."