Chapter 28

"Whoo!" Paxton yelled at the top of his lungs while running into the ocean. Adrianna ran in after him, the two pairing up to go against Eli and Joy in a splash fest.

We all decided to go for a late swim after dinner. We would have gone earlier, but it was way too hot. Walking down to the shore, I was pleased to feel how much cooler the sand felt between my freshly painted toes.

"Should we join them?" I asked, looking over at Declan.

He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my knuckles. "Later. Right now, I want to spend time with my girl."

I chuckled. "We spent all day together, Declan. You wouldn't even let me out of the room."

A single dark brow rose on his handsome face. "Are you saying I held you hostage?"

"Yes," I replied, purposefully bumping into his side. "That's exactly what I'm saying." 

We barely saw our friends, because Declan couldn't keep his hands to himself. Not that I mind. Every minute spent together was worth it.

Picking me up, Declan threw me over his shoulder like a rag-doll and carried me towards the water. Trying and failing to wrench my way out of his hold, I squealed when he dropped me into the cold water.

He was laughing when I resurfaced, my wet hair clinging to the sides of my face as I splashed him relentlessly. When I felt he'd had enough, I tackled him to the ground. 

He fell back into the water, most of his upper body exposed to the air because we hadn't gone past the shore. Straddling his hips, I snaked my arms around his neck and kissed him.

We were making out and then suddenly, we were being immersed in a wave of water. Realizing our friends had been the cause, we decided to get payback.

We started splashing them with water, and one by one every one of them were eliminated. After fist bumping one another, and claiming ourselves the victors, we got out of the water. Declan noticed I was shivering and ran inside to grab my beach towel. 

Sitting down in the sand, Joy and Adrianna joined my side while the guys wrestled in the water. "So? Have you given our conversation from last night some thought?" Adrianna asked. I didn't know what she was talking about until she made a buzzing sound with her mouth.

"Oh, that," I said with a laugh. "I have. I might give it a try."

"That's my girl," she replied, giving me a high five. "I promise you won't regret it."

We'll see.

****

Declan was playing with the guys on his game console when I walked into the living room and made myself comfortable on his lap.

I'd just finished taking a shower and putting on a cute lacy black one piece with a silk black knee length robe. 

I wanted to show off the new lingerie I bought a few days ago when I went shopping with the girls, and I felt like tonight was the perfect night to give Adrianna's suggestion a try. She was so excited that she even let me borrow some handcuffs and a satin blindfold.

I was excited myself, but was so nervous that I was having a difficult time showing it. Declan must have sensed my nervousness, because he hugged me to his body and kissed my cheek. "You okay?"

"Mhm."

Peeling off my robe, he kissed my exposed shoulder. "When did you get this?" He asked, catching a glimpse of the lace underneath.

"A few days ago," I answered, turning my head to the screen to watch him play some shooting game. Shifting against him, I smiled when I heard him grunt softly. "When are you coming to bed?" I asked in a whisper, not wanting Paxton and Eli to hear.