Chapter 36

Two years later (Epilogue pt. 3)
Aya's POV
Carrying a load of laundry into the living room, I set the basket down on the couch.

I looked around the area, wondering why my daughter wasn't where I left her. I was only gone for a minute. And the guys are supposed to be watching her. 

So where are they?

Declan had a couple of meetings to attend and won't be back until later on tonight. Which is why Paxton and Mason are here. They are here to babysit Riley, so I can get a few things done around the house.

Hearing the faint sound of voices in the backyard, I waddled out onto the deck using the glass sliding door.

I paused on the balcony, looking over the wooden railing to see my daughter running around the sprinkler with Mason in tow.

Riley's dressed in her one piece Finding Nemo bathing suit. Thanks to Declan, aside from Princess and the Frog, that's her favorite movie now too. She can't even go to sleep until Declan watches the movie with her right before bed.

I shake my head, thinking about all the nights she cried when she couldn't spend time with her daddy.

I never thought I'd have to fight a toddler for my man's attention. Which is why I'm excited to be having a boy this time. We were going to wait to find out the gender like we did with Riley, but I couldn't wait.

And when I found out it was a boy, I knew that Declan would soon know how I feel trying to simply kiss him and my daughter won't let me.

I think the relationship they have is cute, and I would never try to take that away from them. But when it's time for mommy to get some alone time with daddy, baby girl's going to have to just deal with it.

Paxton, who was standing on the sidelines watching Riley and her uncle play, was the first to spot me.

Walking down the set of dark wooden steps, I joined him on the patio. "You guys were supposed to be getting Riley ready for her nap."

"We tried, but she's got us wrapped around her finger. Especially Mason."

I wasn't surprised. That's what happens when your daughter ends up not just having hazel eyes, but eyes hazel green eyes. I sighed, my hands on my hips.

She's definitely an Isaacs.

"So," I said, starting to change the subject since its clear that Riley won't be having her nap right now. "How are the wedding plans coming along?"

Paxton and Adrianna recently got engaged about a few months ago, and I have never been more happy for them.

"Great," he replied with a smile. "Adrianna and Joy are doing most of the planning. Which I'm fine with, because I don't really care what kind of cake, or flowers we have. I just want to marry my girl."

I gently nudged him with my shoulder, a grin on my face. "Aww, you two lovebirds are so adorable."

He blushed, shyly threading his fingers through his hair.

My attention is drawn back to Riley, the sound of her sweet giggles filling my ears. Mason's finally caught her, her tiny arms and legs flailing about as he swings her around in the air.

As I'm watching the two of them laugh and play together, I feel a pair of hands grab my hips and a set of lips kiss my neck.

Turning my head to look at Declan, I steal a kiss. "What are you doing back so early?"

"My meetings didn't take as long as I thought they would." He and Paxton share a look between the two of them and I narrow my eyes.

"Am I missing something?" I asked. "What was that look you two just gave each other?"

"What look, darling?" Declan questioned with a slight tilt of his head, a lopsided grin on his face.

I tear my gaze away from his, the image of him looking up at me while he was down on his knees ravishing my pussy earlier this morning comes to mind.

And just like that- I've lost my train of thought.

"N-Nevermind."

His gaze lingers for just a little bit longer before being pulled away by the sound of an excited toddler.

"Daddy!"

Riley's black curls bounce as she runs and leaps into her father's arms. "Hey!" Declan's no longer looking at me, the girl who stole his heart the minute he laid eyes on her in that delivery room having his full undivided attention. "How's daddy's little angel?" He asks, kissing her cheek.

She lays her head on his shoulder and rubs her tired eyes. All that running around must have really tired her out.

Thanking Mason, he simply shrugs his shoulders as if he's not currently out of breath. I roll my eyes at him and smile, before walking him and Paxton back to the front door.

"Thank you guys for babysitting."

Mason flashes me a handsome smile. "Anytime. I love the little munchkin."

After the guys leave, I go back into the living to finish doing the laundry while Declan heads upstairs to lay Riley down for her nap.

By the time I finished doing three loads of laundry, putting away all of Riley's toys, and watching a two hour movie with Declan, I also take a nap.

And when I wake up three hours later to prepare dinner, I could smell that it had already been done.

Smiling, I sat up in bed. As soon as I yawned, it was followed by a stretch, and then my hand running through my frizzy curls. I always forget to wear my bonnet. And even when I do, it always ends up being nowhere on my head.

As I was combing my fingers through my hair to dentangle it, my hand got stuck. Confused, it took me a moment to get my hand free.

And when I finally did, I looked down at my hand to see what had snagged in my hair.

I just blinked, speechless.

There was a large diamond on my ring finger, the beautiful piece of jewelry sparkling on my hand.

I began to sob, my pregnancy hormones once again taking over my emotions. Pushing myself up onto my feet, I made my way downstairs.

Riley, who was in our kitchen and dining area helping her father set the table, ran over to hug me when she realized I was crying.

"Uh-oh," she said, forming an o shape with her mouth. She scampered back over to her father, grabbing his hand and tugging him in my direction. "Mommy's sad, daddy," she pointed out, looking up at me.

Declan wasn't sure whether I saw the ring on my finger or not. But he grabbed my face anyway, wanting to make sure I was okay. "Tell me, what's wrong?"

"The ring is beautiful," I cried.

Declan was even more confused, his thumbs gently wiping away my tears. "Do you want me to get you another ring? If you don't like it, we can go get you a different one, baby."

"No, I love it."

He sighed, the worry in his eyes replaced with a look of relief, a smile settling on his face. "Does that mean you will marry me?"

"Yes, of course," I replied, while kissing him. "Without hesitation."