Chapter 23

Declan's POV
Aya and I didn't leave my bed all day. I would have kept her in my bed and fucked her all the way into next morning, but I had to take her back to her apartment because she has to work tomorrow. 

I was a little sad at first, but then remembered I would be seeing her tomorrow for another therapy session. 

Not that I would be in the mood to talk during that whole hour. I can do a whole lot within that time. A whole fucking lot. Emphasis on the "fucking".

Watching her walk into her apartment building with a slight limp in her step brought a devilish grin to my face, because I knew I was the cause of her inability to walk straight.

She paused, waving at me from the other side of the glass door before proceeding forward. Once she was no longer in sight, I sped off and headed over to my parents house.

Since I missed out on family dinner with them last night for Aya's birthday, I promised them that I would attend tonight.

Reaching my family's house about fifteen minutes later, I parked in the driveway and walked up to the front porch. Ringing the doorbell, the door was opened and I was greeted by Mason.

"Hey big brother," he greeted with a toothy grin before stepping aside to allow me entrance.

"Hey," I replied, walking into the house. I took my shoes off, leaving them at the entrance and heading into the kitchen where everyone else was already seated at the dining table.

Making my rounds, I hugged my parents and Harper, before fist bumping Hayden and ruffling Adeleine's reddish brown hair. 

Sitting down at the last open seat at the table, I reached across the table to fill my plate up with lasagna and salad.

As I was cutting into my lasagna, I looked up when I realized how quiet everyone was. And in this house, quiet isn't even in our vocabulary.

"What?" I asked in confusion, everyone's eyes on me. I shoved a forkful of lasagna into my mouth, before stabbing pieces of lettuce onto my fork. "Why are you guys all looking at me like that?"

My mother spoke up. "Nothing. We just heard you went out on a date last night."

I sighed in annoyance, sitting up straighter. "And who told you that?" 

Mason couldn't have possibly known. After he saw my therapist in my house and decided to tell our entire family, I haven't exactly been in a sharing mood when it comes to him. The only people I told were Silas and...

"Paxton told us," Harper said with a smile.

Of course he did.

This family can't keep secrets for shit.

"So I'm guessing you guys want to know how it went?"

That wasn't even our first date. And technically, last night wasn't a date. I mean I met her parents. I hardly consider that a date.

"Yep," Adeleine said with a sparkle in her curious green eyes, leaning forward in her chair.

"Well, it went fine," I answered, stuffing my face with more lasagna and salad.

"Seriously, Declan?" My mother said. "Surely you can give us more than that."

I looked at my father, pleading with my eyes for him to save me. "Dad, help me out here."

He shook his head. "No, I'm actually quite interested to hear how it went myself."

Sighing heavily, I set down my fork and wiped my mouth with my napkin. "It wasn't a date. She was having dinner with her parents for her birthday and invited me to join her."

"You've already met her parents and you haven't even brought her over here to meet us yet?" My mother gasped, offended. "Why the secrecy, Declan?"

I rolled my eyes. They are being so dramatic right now. "Mom please. I'll invite her over when I'm ready."

"How long have you two been seeing each other?" Hayden asked.

"Not long." I picked up my fork, collecting another piece of lasagna and placing it into my mouth. I groaned in disappointment because my food had gotten cold.

"Wait, is it the same woman who walked out of your bedroom that day I came over?" Adeleine questioned.

Damn it. 

She's too smart for her own good.

"Oouu," the twins cooed in unison, making kissing noises with their mouths. They're teenagers, but sometimes they act like little kids.

"Well, if you're going to be so secretive, then can you at least tell us her name?" My mother asked, determined to pry as much information out of me as she could.

"Aya," I mumbled. "Her name's Aya."

Mason's eyes nearly popped out of his head upon hearing her name, and I immediately regret telling them her name. I completely forgot that Aya had introduced herself to him when she was at my place.

"I knew you were fucking your therapist!" He shouts, pointing at me with a look of shock written across his face.

Damn him and his big ass mouth.

"What?" Both my parents say simultaneously, turning their heads away from Mason to look at me. 

Having been glaring daggers at my brother, I look back over at my parents.

"Declan, you can't sleep with your therapist," my mother finally spoke, once the shock wore off. "She could lose her license."

"Yes, I know that."

"So then why-"

"I'm falling for her," I confessed, cutting off my father's words. "I'm falling hard as hell." I scrub the side of my face with the palm of my hand, releasing another heavy sigh.

Everyone fell silent. 

"I know it sounds crazy. And I know that it's wrong. I mean aside from the fact that she's my therapist, we just met."

This is the most I've ever spoken around them. Especially at the dinner table. I may not struggle with mutism anymore, but I've never been a very talkative person.

I couldn't stop the smile from forming.

"But with her I can be myself without my past defining me," I continued.  "With her, I'm not the four year old little boy who murdered his biological mother in cold blood. With her... I'm just Declan Isaacs, the guy she's trying to save."

A smile is plastered on my father's face. "I know that feeling well. You're in love, son." He looked over at my mother, intertwining their fingers and leaning in to kiss her cheek.

My parents are the reason I even believe in such lovey dovey shit. The way they look at each other even after all these years widens the smile on my face. That's what I want. And I want it with Aya. I hope to experience the kind of love my parents have until I'm old and gray.

Mason may not understand that now, but when the right girl comes along... he will. She'll have him so wrapped around her finger that he won't even be able to breathe without her.

I stared at all my sisters and brothers. "Find someone who makes you happy, yeah?" Watching me attentively with their piercing green eyes, they all nod their head and smile.

I wasn't expecting to pour my heart out at dinner. Hell, I didn't even want to be here tonight. I wanted to be with my angel. I wanted to be holding her, kissing her, and making love to her. 

I'm not with the emotional shit, but I felt like it needed to be said. Besides, as their big brother it's my responsibility to make sure they don't make the same mistakes that I did. That they be better than me.

"Is that therapist pussy that good?" Mason interrupted, killing the entire mood.

"Mason!" My mother scolded, before glaring at my siblings for laughing.

Smiling, I shook my head at his behavior before answering his question. "Yeah," I admitted. "It's that good."