Chapter 12

Declan's POV
I stretched and looked over, expecting to see Aya still asleep beside me. The smile on my face faltered, panic beginning to take root.

Is she gone already?

She can't be. She didn't even say goodbye. Scrambling out of bed, I check the bathroom before briskly making my way into the living room.

I release a sigh of relief when I see her in the kitchen. She has a habit of walking out on me. Which I hate. If I could keep her here forever I would.

She's humming quietly to herself, whatever song she's humming having her hips swaying to the beat.

Grinning, I watch in silence as not to disturb her. I've never seen this side of her, because she's so determined to be professional around me.

I understand that she has to be considering she's my therapist, but I enjoy seeing the not-so-serious side of her. It brings a smile to my face.

"What are you making?" I ask, watching her make something that smells so delicious on the stove.

She jumps at the sound of my voice, cursing when she hits her hand on the corner of the table.

I hurry over to her, apologizing for startling her as I grab her hand. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." She winced in pain and I looked down at her hand. "Let me see."

Her hand is slightly swollen and with every touch, she's wincing from the pain. "I'm fine."

"No, your not. Your hand is sprained." It couldn't have been from hitting her hand on the counter, which means something else had to have happened. "How did you sprain your hand, Aya?"

I don't mean to sound like an angry father, but I'm pretty sure I know how she injured her hand. She was so worried about me that she didn't even bother to check her own self out.

"It was when I punched that guy in the face," she admitted.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Bending down, I open up the cabinet and grab the first aid kit out from under the sink.

"Because you were my priority," she says, watching me gently bandage her hand and wrist.

Looking back up into her eyes, I'm tempted to kiss her. And I almost do, but then the door swings open and my brother Mason walks in.

"Oh shit," he says, pausing to stare at the two of us.

I no longer feel Aya as she steps away with an embarrassed expression on her face. Despite my disappointment, I can't help but smile at her.

She's so damn cute.

The smile on my face is replaced with a frown as I glare at my brother for interrupting my chances of finally learning what Aya's lips taste like.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I need to remember to take my spare key back from him.

"I just wanted to stop by and say hi to my big brother," he replies, his eyes on Aya.

I know that look. It's the same look he gives to all the women he's attracted to. When he notices the deadly glare I'm giving him, he quickly looks away.

"But I see you're busy. I'll just come back later." He turns to leave, but Aya speaks up, stopping him in his tracks.

"No, it's okay. I was just leaving actually." She turns to me. "I made you breakfast. And please don't forget to take your medicine."

"You don't have to go." I don't want her to go. Not yet. "You've made enough pancakes and bacon for the both of us to share," I say, glancing down at the stove.