But you like him.

Dream listened as the laughs of his best friend George and Y/n filled his ears, his smile quickly fading and his stomach dropping. It hurt hearing the beautiful girl laugh at the British man's jokes, he was so good at making her giggle.

"No, George, that looks horrible. Here." Y/n's voice rang through the head set as she giggled at George, he was trying to decorate his home on the smp but was failing miserably. Dream watched as his crush moved what George had placed, making a cozy little corner with a table, stairs as seats, and even put a flower pot on half slabs used as a windowsill. "Much better." The girl cooed as she finished her interior designing. He had to admit, if there was anything she was great at, it was building in Minecraft.

"How are you so good at this?" George asked her, Dream could picture it in his mind. The brunette girl sitting at her set up, shrugging with a sly smirk on her face.

"I just do it, it comes naturally I guess." Y/n made her character run out of the house and towards Church Prime where all the others were hanging out and talking.

"I think I'm gonna hop off, I'll talk to you guys later." Dream announced, he didn't like the emotions he was feeling right now. Today was the day he was going to ask Y/n on a minecraft date and admit his real life feelings to her, but when he saw how close the two had gotten he decided against it.

"Bye Dreammmm." George and Y/n sang in unison as the green man left the vc and got out from his seat, plopping face down onto his bed and letting out a low but loud groan. Loud enough for his roommate, Sapnap, to hear.

"You good bro?" A voice asked as his bedroom door opened, Dream peaked at Sapnap, peaking one eye out from under his arm and letting out a long sigh.

"I was gonna do it dude, I was going to tell her but she likes George." Dreams voice was filled with sadness as his best friend took a seat in his gaming chair, spinning slightly back and forth.

"She doesn't like George, I'm telling you she likes you." Sapnap annunciated his gesture towards his friend, who hadn't moved from his position on the bed.

"You didn't hear them laughing together today, everyday."

"And you've never heard the way she talks about you when you're not around. You put the stars in her sky bro, text her." Sapnap stood up, making his way towards his friend and giving him a couple pats on his shoulder for good luck and exited the room. A small glint of hope flashed in Dreams eyes as he reached for his phone, he propped himself up on his elbows and went to her contact, which he had renamed princess because that's what she always called herself. A princess. And that she was.

He sent out a short and simple text reading:
Hey, can we call quick?

He dropped his phone onto the bed face down, anxiety washed over him as he counted the seconds it took her to respond.

123....

124....

12-

*ding*

Dream snatched his phone off the blanket and read her text:
Calling now!

Within seconds a call was coming through from his favorite girl in the whole world and she didn't even know it.

"Hello" Dreams voice said into the phone, absentmindedly smiling already. This happened whenever she was around, whenever she came to visit. Even when they were on calls or facetime he would smile like crazy the whole time. The feeling she gave him was something he's never experienced before and he didn't want it to go away. He wanted the feeling forever. He wanted her forever.

"Hey!" Y/n chirped, he heard a small huff come through the phone and then what sounded like blankets being shuffled around. "Sorry I'm getting ready for bed." Dream looked at his window, darkness surrounded the outside world. He hadn't even noticed it was already almost midnight.

"It's okay if you want to wait until tomorrow to talk, you're probably tired.." The man trailed off, already nervous to tell her about his hidden feelings for her.

"No way, Clay, it's fine. We can sleep on call, not out of the ordinary for us." Which was true, the two slept on call all the time. Whether it was on purpose or accident, they always woke up to each other on the phone at least four nights a week.

"Yeah, right.." Dreams breathing hitched as his brain forgot how to form words, the call went silent for a moment.

"Everything okay? You seem a bit off today, wanna talk about it?" Y/n was always caring, looking out for her friends and making sure each of them were okay. But, unbeknownst to Dream, she cared for him the most.

"That's actually why I called you, I've been wanting to talk to you about this for awhile but you like him." Dream found his smile once again fading as the previous laughs echoed through his mind from todays earlier events on the smp.

"Who's 'him'?" The girl asked, her voice being laced with confusion as she spoke.

"George." After the words left his mouth she found herself uncontrollably laughing as his suggestion.

"Clay, you idiot, I do not like George. I like someone else." He was feeling a little more hopeful at this point, could that 'someone else' be him? "Is that what this is about?" Y/n asked Dream as she shifted in her bed. Both of them now laying in the same position, on their backs with their phones on speaker resting on their chest. Staring at their ceilings as their minds wondered to how they'd be cuddled up next to one another if they were together.

"No, I mean, ugh-maybe, I don't know. Now that we're actually on call I forgot everything I was going to say." Dream said frantically, fighting to remember the speech he had planned in his head before texting her.

"Clay, it's okay, take a minute. Just breathe." Y/n had always been so good at calming him down. Butterflies filled his stomach as she called him by his real name Clay, he could listen to her say it for hours. A comfortable silence filled the call once again as Dream got the courage to speak.

"I like you, Y/n. A lot, more than a friendly way. Whenever you and George are together I get jealous because you seem so happy talking to him." Dream admitted, not sure if he was happy or anxious about finally telling his crush of two years that he had developed deeper feelings for her.

"I like you too, Dream. You have nothing to be jealous of. If I liked George I wouldn't always be on call with you, or filming with you. I wouldn't get these butterflies that filled my entire body whenever you said my name.." y/n's words were soft as she spoke, finally letting out everything she's been wanting to say to Dream for the past year.

Pure bliss filled the man's body as a huge smile appeared on his lips, he felt like a middle schooler right now with how giddy he was.

"Well...since you only live an hour or so away how about I take you on a real date this Friday? If everything goes good maybe you can stay the weekend?" He asked the girl.

"I'd love to, I'll try getting to your house by noon on Friday?" Y/n asked, he could hear the tiredness taking over her voice as she spoke and wrapped the conversation up.

"That sounds great, sleep on call?" He asked her.

"Always." He placed his phone in the familiar spot on his night stand as he got comfortable in his own bed.

The two fell asleep to the sounds of the others breathing through the phone.

_______

My first chapter in the new book!!!

I'm not sure what types of one shots I'll be including in this book so if it's anything other than fluff I'll always provide a warning. Requests are open:)