Jersey

This was a request! I hope you guys are okay with shorter one shots for now :). I'm trying my best.

I just got home from the er a little bit ago so maybe I'll get another one posted tonight!

High school au, if it's not your thing that's okay! There's always more!
_________________

I sat at my desk doing my best to focus, but unfortunately a pest sat behind me. What pest you ask? The most popular jock at school, Clay.

"I think you missed a spot straightening your hair." His voice whispered from behind me, leaning closer so only I could hear. I quickly used my right hand to feel my hair, all of it felt straight.

I rolled my eyes and turned to face him, "I think you missed the net last night at the game."

"Oh shit." His best friend, Nick, whispered under his breath.

"No, I-"

"Eyes on the board everyone!" The teacher announced, "some of us need the extra help!" She diverted her eyes so they locked onto Clay, making the entire glass snicker.

*end of the day*

After the last bell rang I gathered my books and shoved them into my backpack, throwing it over my shoulder I began walking to the front doors.

"Y/n! Hey, Y/n!" I heard my name being yelled through the halls but ignored it, knowing exactly who it belonged to.

"You're a fast walker, anyway—"

"Pipe down, I don't feel like hearing your jokes right now, Clay." I scoffed, continuing to walk as he side shuffled through the wave of teenagers around us to keep up with me.

"Just listen, I was gonna say—"

"What? That my shoes are untied or my makeup is like a clown? Yeah, I know, I've heard it all from you before." I groaned, not quite understanding why he's being so persistent on talking to me.

We fell silent as I walked, he trailed directly behind me, "Will you please let me talk?" He asked, his voice getting soft.

"Fine, what?" I asked, stopping and turning to look at him.

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to wear my jersey to the game tonight? It's the last game of the season and I usually play good when you're there." He explained, gripping his jersey in his left hand out for me to take.

"Are you feeling okay? I'm not exactly used to you being sweet to me." I joked, placing the back of my hand on his forehead to pretend to check his temperature.

"Ya know when we were little and I used to tease you?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I do, you still do."

"I did it because I like you and I realized that being rude to the girl I like isn't how you show her your feelings." I felt my cheeks get warm as I looked down at my feet. Suddenly his hand was placed under my chin, lifting my face to look at him.

"So..do you wanna wear my jersey tonight?"

My lips turned into a smirk as I reached for the jersey, snaking it out of his grasp, "I'd love to."

Our hands soon found each others as we continued to walk towards the exit, "Did I actually miss a piece of hair this morning?" I asked, turning so he could look at my hair.

"No, your hair looks perfect."