Tangled (pt. 2)

This was requested! :) <3

Their date is gonna be kinda like a montage type deal, it'll make more sense when you read :) I hope you like this idea
_________

My stomach was filled with butterflies as I looked at myself in the mirror for the third time, "Does this look okay?" I asked Smokey, watching as his head perked up from his dog bed. I tapped my leg and he ran over, nudging my hand for much needs pets that I granted him.

"What about this shirt instead?" I asked the canine and grabbed a light blue long sleeve shirt from my bed that I had thought about changing into. I held the shirt in front of him and he barked which made me giggled, "Good answer."

After switching shirts I gathered my things and put my purse on my shoulder, "I'll be home soon, be good!" I pointed at Smokey. He exhaled air from his nose and I waved to him as I closed my front door and locked it.

The walk back to the dog park was quick since I only lived a few blocks away. As I got closer I saw a familiar silhouette sitting on the park bench, a smile crept onto my lips.

"Someone is early!" I called out. It was ten to six. My original plan was to be the early one waiting on the bench but he had beaten me to it.

"Gotta earn your number somehow!" Clay joked as I got closer, he stood up and slipped his hands into his pockets, "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you. I look a lot better not being tripped over dog leashes." I chuckled, "Not my best look."

"I'd have to agree," I gave him a strange look, thinking he meant I didn't look great under the circumstances we had met, "I mean like me, I also don't look great tripping and falling." He clarified. Much better.

"So what do you have planned for us?" I questioned, changing the subject as we began walking down the sidewalk.

"Well, since we met in a very cheesy, right out of a movie type of way I figured we'd follow suit." He looked down at me as we walked, "First we're going to get coffee or smoothies, then check out the little shops, after that we can watch the sunset. And we're going to document it all on here." He held up a Polaroid camera and I felt myself getting excited. I always loved the idea of Polaroid cameras so this was perfect.

I snatched the Polaroid camera from him and spun it around, letting my lips form a smile as I snapped the picture, "Let's get this date started." As the picture developed I held it in my hands. It was an adorable picture of me smiling, Clay a few steps behind me and instead of looking at the camera he was looking at me.

>>>>>

"Two strawberry banana smoothies!" The barista yelled. Clay stood up from the table and grabbed them, bringing them back over and setting mine in front of me.

"Smile!" I exclaimed as he sat down, both of us cheesing for the camera. As the photo developed I noticed the same as the last, instead of his gorgeous eyes looking at the lens, he was looking at me as he smiled, "The Polaroid camera was an adorable idea." I commented and sat it down on the table.

"I've had it forever and haven't had a good chance to use it so I figured today was a great opportunity." He replied and grabbed it from its spot. I laughed as he began making funny faces and he snapped a picture of me trying to drink my smoothie.

"Wait, no! I think smoothie was falling out of my mouth!" I laughed and tried to snatch the picture away but Clay held it from me, laughing as it developed.

"This one is a keeper!" He turned it around and we fell into a fit of laughs. I was smiling with smoothie dripping out of the side of my mouth from laughing. Once we calmed down he looked at me, "So tell me a bit about yourself, we'll do one fun fact for every pit stop."

"Okay, ummm..." I thought for a moment, "Im an aspiring actress, I've taken classes and have been to a few auditions, although some of them have been promising I haven't had any call backs yet."

"They're missing out," Clay responded.

"Your turn."

"Since we're talking about careers, I'm a full time streamer, mostly minecraft with my friends but we play other games as well." He explained and my face lit up.

"That's awesome! I've always loved the idea of streaming, I tried doing it when I was younger but gave up when I didn't get views." When I was younger a group of friends and I decided to start streaming together, except it ended because we had a falling out. Not because of views but I didn't feel like trauma dumping on a first date.

"You should get back into it, if you love doing it don't let the view count discourage you," He encouraged and I smiled, "Where to next?"

"There's a boutique down the street I've always wanted to try."

>>>>>

"This is terrible!" I laughed as I stepped out from the changing room. Clay had insisted I tried on a pant suit, it was red, short sleeve, I paired it with black heels.

"No! Y/n, you look great!" Clay beamed as he snapped a picture of me with the Polaroid camera, "Do a spin!" I twirled around.

"I feel like a business woman." I joked and looked at myself in the mirror once more, "Lemme see the camera, c'mere." He handed me the Polaroid camera and stood in the mirror next to me. We got super close to the mirror and made a funny face as I snapped a picture.

"Next fun fact." I straightened my posture and sat the camera back in the chair, "I rescued Smokey from the pound when he was a puppy. Someone dumped him on the side of the road in a garbage bag." My voice got soft, telling my sweet pups story always made me emotional. It took months to gain his trust but once I had it he was my boy.

"That's sad, I hate hearing that people actually do that to dogs..." Clay trailed off, "I've always wanted to own a bunch of land and foster dogs until they found forever homes, I guess that's my next fun fact."

"I'd love to do that." I agreed. In the past few hours I've known Clay I already knew he was going to be someone that would soon be important to me. From the way he carried himself to having similar dreams, plus, I liked his laugh, "The sun is setting soon, next top the beach?"

"That's perfect."

>>>>>

We sat on the sidewalk as I stared in awe at the beautiful colors the sky was turning. I've seen a million sunsets and each time they never fail to amaze me. I heard the click of the camera and saw Clay smiling at me as the picture printed, "This one's my favorite." I leaned over to see the picture. It was me sitting and admiring the sky.

"Final fun fact." I said as I moved my legs so I was sitting criss cross next to him, "This is the best first date I've ever been on."

"My final fun fact," Clay began, "I'd like to take you on a second date." I looked up to him as a small closed-mouth smile tugged at my lips. I saw his eyes flick from mine to my lips as I found myself leaning towards him. His hand came up to hold my cheek and his lips connected with mine, the butterflies filled my stomach once again. I placed my hand over his and pulled away for a breath before reconnecting our lips.

"I'd like for you to take me on a second date." I said once we pulled away.

Remind me to thank Smokey for getting me tangled in his leash with the perfect stranger.

____________

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted but I thought the idea was cute, a little montage date! If it's not what you wanted I can always redo it! <3

Also what if I did a part three of them a couple years later?! Maybe it could be like Y/n finally landing an acting gig on one of Clays streams? And of course I'd tie in them living on a big plot of land fostering sweet puppers :) let me know, I think it would be cute!