Cold.

Fluffy before I go to sleep
______________

Dreams pov

Y/n was on her way home from her family's house as I sat on the couch next to Sapnap, both of us mumbling back and forth keeping lazy conversation. He looked at me with a groan, "Dude why is the house so cold?"

He went to turn the air conditioning off before I stopped him, "Quit! Keep it cold."

"Whatever, I'm going out." He chuckled and grabbed his phone before we said quick goodbyes and he was out the door.

There was a reason behind the house being kept at a cool 57 degrees. That reason being, I was feeling rather needy and knew this would be the perfect plan to receive well deserved cuddles from Y/n.

"Baby, I'm home!" I hadn't even heard her come in, her sweet voice echoing through the house like music to my ears. "Why's it so cold in here?"

She rounded the corner and looked at me, I was now wrapped in her favorite comforter in the entire world. It was a blanket I bought her months ago, a simple green comforter. I think she only loves it so much because she knows green is my favorite color, either way her attachment to the fabric made my heart flutter.

"Come cuddle." I whined, lightly grabbing at her hand over the side of the couch, my skin begging to be touched by hers. Her head leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead, some of her chapstick smudging on me but I didn't mind.

"Let me go change." I smiled, knowing in less than five minutes I'd be getting her undivided attention.

Minutes passed and she re-entered the living room in a pair of shorts and one of my sweatshirts. I lifted the blanket and she cuddled in, immediately snuggling her head into my chest. I wasted no time snaking my arms around her, breathing in her familiar scent of lavender.

"I missed you, how was your day?" I asked, resting my head on top of hers, I felt her pull away from my chest slightly, just enough to speak, "I missed you most, it was fun, my mom said you have to come next time."

I chuckled playfully, "I'll make sure to tag along next time." My fingers began combing through her hair as if I'd done it a million times, which I probably have. In the years we've spent together it's the one thing that can put her to sleep in a matter of minutes.

And that's exactly what it did. Within five minutes of laying next to me small snores escaped her parted lips. I let her be. Studying her gorgeous features with every breath she took. The way I could tell when she was dreaming because her nose would scrunch, or when I knew I had to wake her up because she was having a nightmare.

Some nights, my favorite nights, she would softly whisper my name, usually followed by the words; love, honey, and baby. I didn't dare stop playing with her hair, loving the silky feeling against my hands. This woman was intoxicating in the best way imaginable. I was in love with every aspect of her; eyes, smile, laugh that she absolutely hates.

Whatever we had was more than a feeling, more than love, more than being in love. I was more than in love with her, whatever word that may be.

"I love you." I whispered, placing a soft kiss on her head before I too slipped into the darkness, letting sleep slowly take over.

My hand soon slipped from her hair and landed on my spot on her waist, causing her to stir a bit, shoving her body even closer to mine. As cramped as I was on this couch I was with her and that's all that mattered to me.

Y/n L/n, my love for you is endless.
_________________

A little different than what I'd usually write but I really like it 🥺

Would you rather read in Y/n pov or Dream pov? Just wondering if I should do another one shot in Dreams pov in the future or not :)