Love

I always grew up in a world where love was the strongest emotion.

My parents taught me what love was while also watching them love each other in the most raw and pure form. Dancing in the kitchen in the early hours of the morning, cooking each others favorite meals, doing small things just to see the other smile.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because it's currently 4:36 am and I'm in the kitchen with my four year old daughter baking a cake for her father to wake up to.

"Mommy?" She asked, her small frame standing on a step stool.

"Yes love?" I asked.

"Can I wake daddy up?" Although this was all supposed to be a surprise and we were in incognito mode I saw her green eyes stare up at me. Pouting her lip, using her puppy dog face, just like her father uses to get his way.

"We're supposed to be surprising him, you don't want to surprise your dad?" I asked, chuckling a bit at her. Getting her down from the step stool I placed the cake in the over and turned back to her.

"No, I want cake." She responded.

"Then cake it is." I smiled. Grabbing her small hand we tip-toed down the hallway, the floor boards quietly creaking beneath us.

Once we reached the bedroom I pushed the door open, seeing Dream fast asleep in bed.

"Daddy." She whispered, pulling herself up onto the bed with a little nudge for help from me. "Daddy." She said a bit louder, poking his cheek.

"Daddy I want cake!" Her voice erupted and startled the both of us. Dream jumped awake, scoping the room for any danger before settling down at the sight of us.

"Cake? What?" He questioned, voice raspy from just waking up. I sat behind our daughter watching as he began to actually wake up.

"We're baking a cake for your birthday and she doesn't want to wait to eat it.." I chuckled.

"It's—" Dream paused, checking the time, "Five o'clock in the morning and you guys are baking cake?"

I chuckled and grabbed our daughter, placing her on my lap as I sat on the bed, "What's wrong with cake for breakfast?"

"Cake now!" Our daughter argued. She put up a good fight, a fight both her father and I knew we would lose.

"Then cake it is." Dream gave in just as easily as I had and threw the blankets off him, standing up and stretching his arms out, "Leave it to my girls to always keep me in my toes."

The three of us sat on the kitchen floor, our daughters eyes locked in the window to the oven watching the cake bake.

"You're getting kind of old." I joked as my head rested on his shoulder.

"Old? I'm not old." He argued, looking over at me, "If I was getting old could I do this?" He stood up and reached a hand down to me. With a confused look on my face I let him grab my hand and pull me to my feet, "Dance with me."

"There's no music." I argued as his hands went around my waist.

"Baby girl, can you sing us a song?" He looked done at our daughter who was still fixated on watching his birthday cake bake, "Anything you want."

"Sing your favorite song." I encouraged her.

"Moana!" She yelled excitedly, jumping to her feet.

"Ever danced to Disney before?" Dream exhaled a small laugh and I shook my head.

"I can't say I have." A couple seconds later our daughter began belting the words to her favorite song in Moana, How Far I'll Go. As she sang he twirled me around, both of us had smiles on our lips.

"Me too! Me too!" Feeling small hands tug at my pajama bottoms I looked down to see my daughters gorgeous green eyes, begging to be twirled around. Dream lifted her off the ground and spun her around, an infectious giggle leaving her chest.

"Mommy keep singing!" She pleaded.

"Yeah, babe, keep singing." Dream agreed.

I continued the song where our daughter left off, watching as the loves of my lives danced around the kitchen in the dimly lit light.

Love.

Defined by an intense feeling of deep affection.

This was love. As raw and pure as it comes.

_________________

This is probably one of my favorites even though it's short.
I didn't publish it cause I didn't think people would like it but here it is! Published:)