I object.

Where did this idea come from? No clue. Am I finally getting my groove back? Hell yeah I am.

Please enjoy this 1,100 word chapter that I had the urge to write.
___________________

I held the invitation in my shaking hands as tears gathered in my eyes.

Y'know when you break up and you tell them to move on and be happy because you genuinely love them?

I take it back.

Soon my tears turned to anger and I ripped the invitation in half, throwing it into the trash can.

Breaking up with Clay was the worst mistake I've ever made in my entire life and mistakes were made to be fixed.

*present day*

I stood in a formal dress, going along with their wedding colors I wore a flowy blush-colored dress that stopped mid thigh. "Are you sure about this, George?"

"Y/n, you got this." He responded, a friendly hand on my shoulder, "I have to go, best man things to do. Maya will sit with you in the back and when the time comes stand up and speak your truth." Maya was George's girlfriend, she offered to sit next to me to keep me calm and collected. I nodded my head with a gentle smile on my face as he walked down the hall and disappeared around the corner.

"I can't believe Clay is actually marrying someone else." I said softly, tears threatening to spill. Maya grabbed my hand, making me look up at her.

"You didn't hear it from me but..." Her voice softened, "He only started dating her to get over you...after a year she pressured him into proposing and here we are, about to crash this wedding." Her words earned a small chuckle from the both of us.

"What if he doesn't love me anymore?" I questioned, thinking of the worst possible outcome. Sometimes that's what you have to do in life, hope for the best but expect the worst.

"He does."

Soon enough the ceremony started, guests started piling in and I snuck in with a group, sliding into the back so I wouldn't be spotted. Maya sat to my left. I looked around and my eyes locked with Dristas, "Oh no.." I whispered.

"Y/n?" She asked, rushing over to hug me, "Please tell me you're ruining this wedding." She pleaded.

"That's the plan, but shoo, don't blow my cover." I joked with her, she quickly understood and walked away, smile plastered on her face.

~~~~~~~

"Does anyone have any reason this couple should not be married?" The officiant asked, my stomach dropped. The unnerving feeling of nausea hit me like a truck before feeling Maya nudge my shoulder.

"This is your only chance." She whispered.

My hands began to shake as I pushed my body to stand from my seat, "Me!" The words slipped from my mouth before I could speak, everyone turning in their chairs to look at me. I saw the smiles from Clays family and the look of disgust from the brides. "I mean, I do, I have a reason." I spoke again, slowly gaining confidence once my eyes locked with George's, he gave me a thumbs up as Sapnap did as well.

Once I reached the aisle I stood with shaky hands, all eyes on me as I spoke, "Almost two years ago I made the biggest mistake in the entire world. I thought you and I would be better off apart." I said, looking directly at Clay as he fought a smile. His hands let go of his potential wife's and turned towards me, waiting for me to speak again.

"But that's far from the truth, if we're being honest here my life has gone to shit without you. No more Sunday breakfasts on the porch, no more cuddles on the couch while we argue about what show to watch..." A cry escaped my lips as my voice broke, "I miss you, I miss dancing in our kitchen, I miss your family, I miss Patches and the sweet nicknames you would call me."

"Y/n.." He spoke, taking one step towards me, "Can we talk in private?"

"Of course." I said, no longer caring that we were being listened to by over a hundred people. As Clay walked towards me he put a loving hand on my back and guided my down the aisle towards the back door. When the door closed behind us he embraced me in a hug, "You came."

"Of course I did, you're the love of my life. I'll be damned if I don't put up a fight." I chuckled, wiping some tears off my face.

"What took you so long?" He asked, his green eyes staring into mine.

"You looked so happy, I didn't want to ruin this for you. And that's exactly what I'm doing...oh my gosh I just ruined your wedding." My hands found their way to my hair and I turned away from him, the sudden feeling of guilt washing over me.

"No, Y/n, you didn't ruin anything." Clays hands grabbed my waist and spun me around, "Everything you said in there, I miss it all. All of it, the good days, the bad, the in between. I want you, a life with you.."

Suddenly the doors were pushed open, revealing the bride. Although my hands let go of Clay his didn't let go of me, "Listen, I can't marry you.." Clay spoke to her as tears fell from her eyes, mascara falling close behind.

"I get it, she's your soulmate. I knew it was too good to be true." She spoke, "But don't let this day go to waste, someone's gotta get married." She straightened her posture and sucked in her tears, pushing open both doors, revealing us to everyone.

"Clay, please return to your spot." She smiled. As much as I could tell this was hurting her she gave me a loving smile.

I didn't know this woman personally and she didn't know me but she was handling this better than anyone would, even me.

As Clay turned away and began the walk back to the podium she linked her arm with mine, "From what I've heard about you, Y/n, you sound amazing." She spoke. I stared at her in awe not knowing what to say, "And you make a beautiful bride, even without the wedding dress."

"Why are you doing this? I just ruined your wedding." I asked.

"Sometimes life doesn't go the way we want it to. When one door closes a window opens and this is me shoving you through that window." She smiled.

When Clay made it back to the podium the music began. With linked arms we walked down the aisle, seeing as I had no one else to do it for me. I suddenly noticed her bridesmaids were replaced with Maya, Drista and Clays mother.

We stopped before the stairs, one final smile between us as Clay took my hand from her, guiding me up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!" The officiant announced. My lips met Clays as his hands pulled my closer to him.

"Thank you for crashing my wedding." He whispered, our lips still slightly touching.

"I wouldn't have done it if I didn't love you."

___________________