Monitor

"Do you have it on?" George asked as I adjusted in my seat, "Yeah, now what?"

"Hit the button and start recording." He finished. I was currently sitting in a call with the dream team as I attempted to beat minecraft. Of course, there was a twist.

I began my recording and did my intro, "Hello everyone! Today I am going to be trying to beat minecraft with my heart rate on the screen. George coded—"

"Mhm." Dream cleared his throat, I laughed and corrected myself.

"George and Dream coded this thing I wear around my chest so my heartbeat could be displayed on the screen for everyone to see."

"AHH!" Sapnap screamed into his mic, I jumped and shrieked, seeing the heart rate turn red as it increased on the screen, "yup, it work."

"Jerk." I deadpanned.

>>>>>

While later I was in a cave finishing up the last bit of iron I needed for a full set of armor, "I got you something." Dream said, I fought the urge to smile at his voice. I spun my character around as the three of them hovered over me in creative mode and he dropped a blue flower down to me.

"What's this for?" I asked, holding it in my hand.

"Pretty flower for a pretty girl." I saw the heart monitor begin to turn yellow as it sped up, my face turning pink from his compliment.

"Dreams making her nervous! Do it again!" George cheered him on.

"He's not making me nervous, idiot." I argued. I crafted the rest of my armor and broke the crafting table, running over to the nether portal I had made. "I'm sure my heart rate would jump if anyone complimented me."

"I think you're really pretty, Y/n." Sapnap said, my heart rate staying exactly the same, not even the slightest change.

"Thank you, Sapnap."

"Hey! Cut it out!" Dream intervened. We always play flirted, it was part of our lovely friendship.

Friendship.

Friendship.

>>>>>>>

"Kill it! Kill it!!" I screamed, attempting to smack a wither skeleton off the nether brick path. When that didn't work I took a leap of faith, block clutching on the side of the fortress, running as I placed blocks beneath me. I blocked myself in and took a deep breath, I didn't want to die since I had all the blaze rods I needed. Starting over wasn't an option.

"That's my girl!" Dream cheered. I closed my eyes and heart the heart monitor did it's usual beep, meaning it was increasing. I tried my best to fight it but his voice made me crazy, especially when he was cheering me on or flirting.

"Dream, you're not allowed to talk anymore." I scolded, I heard him groan. "Why?"

"Because she likes you, idiot." George said.

"No I don't."

"I think you doooo." Sapnap sang. Deciding to ignore them I slowly made my way back to the over world.

>>>>>>>>

"Im serious, cut it out!I yelled at Dream, for the past five minutes he's been doing anything and everything to make my heart rate go crazy.

"Why? I love your laugh, it's adorable."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Stop!"

"Why?"

"Because I like you, isn't that obvious!? Every time you speak the damn heart monitor beeps like crazy and turns bright red!" Instant regret flowed through my body. I shouldn't have said anything. What if he doesn't feel the same? What if—

"I like you too, isn't that obvious!? I don't care about the heart monitor, complimenting you is the best part of my day so please, don't tell me to stop." Dream pleaded. I felt bad for yelling at him but in all honesty I thought he was just doing it to embarrass me.

As my character stood frozen in the stronghold I leaned back in my chair, also frozen from his words. "Why did you have to wait until now to tell me? Now I have to cut this whole part out."

"Why? Let the fans hear that I like you and you like me, I don't care." His voice flooded through my headset. Poor George and Sapnap sat in silence, third and fourth wheeling.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I twirled a piece of hair between my fingers as the all too familiar rapid heart beat crept up on me. Leaning forward I placed my hands back on my mouse and keyboard, placing the last eye into the portal.

"If I win, you pay for the first date. If I die, I pay."

"Fine with me."

"Uh, guys, remember us? Still here." Sapnap spoke up, leaving us all a wheezing mess.

>>>>>>

I stood in the portal, landing crit after crit onto the dragon as its health deteriorated. It's health was practically gone, flying away last second.

"It's gotta be a one hit, use your bow!" George yelled. I switched to my bow in my hot bar and followed the dragon with my cursor.

I could feel my heart beat increasing with the pressure of hitting the shot weighing in. I let the arrow fly, landing the final hit on the dragon.

Purple light illuminated the sky as the portal turned black. Making my character run I jumped into the abyss and watched as the words slowly moved across the screen.

"I'm taking this damn thing off." I laughed, unhooking the heart monitor and throwing it onto the ground.

"Why? I like knowing I make you flustered." Dream whined, "it's cute."

"Not as cute as watching for you pay for our first date will be." I flirted, feeling more confident now that I knew they couldn't see how fast my heart was beating.

"Oh my god, kiss already!" Sapnap fake gagged.

"Pick you up at eight?" Dream asked, he only lived about an hour from me.

"Sounds perfect."

___________

Thought this was cute :)