Picnic

Fluffyyyy
______________

I curled the last piece of my hair and unplugged my curling iron, satisfied with the way it looked I gave myself a smile and shut the bathroom light off. As I entered the kitchen I heard my phone vibrating on the counter and grabbed it, seeing Dreams contact name.

"Hey babes." I greeted, grabbing my purse off the counter while I held my phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"I'm almost to your house, do you need more time or are you ready?" He asked sweetly. I loved how patient he was with me. Always making sure I never felt rushed.

"Nope, I'm ready and all yours for the day, what did you plan?" For the past week he's been refusing to tell me what he had planned for our little date, all I know is it's something we've never done before.

"You'll find out, be patient and get your ass out here." I heard him chuckle and hung up the phone, exiting my house and locking the door I skipped to the car. Having a little extra pep in my step today, it's been a few days since I last saw him.

"I-" I placed a kiss on his check, "missed-" another on his nose, "you." Placing the final kiss on his lips, I felt his lips begin to form a smile and pulled away. He lifted something from behind him and handed it to me, "oh my gosh, best boyfriend ever!" I exclaimed and grabbed the frozen drink from him, slushees are my absolute favorite things ever.

As we drove down the road I had one arm resting out the window and the other was reached across and playing with Dreams hair, it was getting longer and was now forming cute curls.

"Date number one." He said happily as he pulled into some random parking lot on the side of the road, putting the car in park. I looked around and gave him a confused look but all he could do was smile.

"Uh, you gonna murder me or something?" I reluctantly exited the car and shut the door behind me.

"No, I am not going to murder you." He chuckled from behind the car, the trunk opened to reveal a basket and fluffy blanket. "On top of that hill is a beautiful view of the city and I brought snacks."

With the basket and blanket in one hand he used to other to hold mine as we ascended the hill, stopping at the top to take in the breathtaking view. From up here you could see the whole city, the tall buildings and the horizon in the distance. He laid the blanket down and opened the basket, taking out a bowl.

"And for m'lady, chocolate covered strawberries." He held one to my lips and I took a bite, letting the chocolate melt on my tongue. "Who knew you were so romantic?" I joked.

"So I was thinking," He said as he threw a grape in his mouth, "Sapnap is moving in with Karl soon, maybe it's time to get our own place?"

"Mm, I'd like that." I replied, looking over at my loving boyfriend as the wind blew his hair around. "Something out of the city, big yard for our future babies." A smile crept on his lips as he spoke.

"Babies? Clay, we're not even married, let's not have baby talk quite yet." I snickered, looking through the basket to find more goodies. Taking out a sandwich and taking a bite.

"That's my next question," My stomach sank, I quickly chewed the food in my mouth and swallowed before he took my left hand in his. "I bought this a few months ago on our six month anniversary, they say when you know you just know." He pulled out a small box from his back pocket, opening it to reveal the most beautiful diamond ring I've ever seen.

"It took me four dates with you to know I wanted to spend forever with you. So, wanna get married?" I laughed as how nonchalant he asked the question, knowing that's just how we are, and nodded my head yes.

"Yeah, that would be pretty cool." I chuckled, wiping a few happy tears away from my eyes as he slipped the ring onto my finger, watching it glimmer in the afternoon sun. A small engraving on the side read 'my heart is yours' .

"I also brought this." I smiled, pulling my own small box from my purse, inside it held a gold band. Little did he know, I planned on proposing to him too, screw the stereotypical man propose to the woman. He began wheezing and I tried getting the words out through our laughter.

"Y/n!" He laughed, I held my hands up to try and get us to stop laughing.

"Clay! You're ruining my proposal!" He pulled himself together and I opened the box.

"Great minds think alike, I guess. I had this whole speech planned out but looking at you is making me forget every word. So, Clay, following your proposal will you say yes as well?"

"Yes!" His smile only grew as I placed the ring on his finger. He grabbed my left hand so our fingers were now interlocked.

"Best picnic date ever." I sang, slipping my head onto his lap, his hands glided to my hair and began playing with strands of it. He looked down at me and smiled, I couldn't help but admire his handsome features.

"Onto the next date?" He asked.

"Onto the next date we go."