Shut up. Kiss me.

"I don't know..I guess my parents are just mad because I decided not to go to med school like them." I snickered and threw a grape into my mouth, staring at the sky as the sun disappeared into the horizon.

"But you're happy with what you're doing now, why are you so hard on yourself?" My best friend, Dream, asked as I felt his eyes look over at me. I shrugged at his response, thinking hard about what to say next.

"I expect more from myself, there's a million things I'd change if I could." I felt my mood change, a bit saddened at my inner thoughts.

"Like what?" He asked, leaning onto his back so his elbows propped him up, the blanket we had brought cushioning his skin.

"Don't get all sad on me now, Clay. This was supposed to be a fun picnic." I lightly nudged his shoulder and laid down, glancing at the now darkening sky.

"I'm being serious, what would you change about yourself? You're perfect." A sarcastic laugh left my parted lips as I covered my face, almost blushing at his remark.

"Perfect? No way, physically I'd change a lot. My smile, I want a cute button nose and eyes you could get lost in. I want my personality to always be bubbly like those girls described in books you can't pull your nose out of-"

"Shut up." He stated, leaning over me. His thumb lightly grazing my jaw as our eyes connected. My breathing hitched and every part of my body froze.

"What?" I asked, trying to cover up the fact that my best friend was making me feel like this.

"Kiss me."

With those words I lifted my hand to rest on his jaw, letting him gently fall into a sweet kiss. My eyes fluttered open as they reconnected with his, our breathe mixing together.

"You. Are. Perfect."