Fake what..? (Pt. 2)

Love love love this request idea! <3
___________________

"Be careful when you take that out of the oven! It's hot." You quickly warned your daughter, she had to make some type of treat for school tomorrow and she decided on cupcakes.

"Mom, I know." She replied, putting on an oven mitt and carefully taking the cupcakes out, setting them on top of the oven and turning it off. "You don't have to hover." She chuckled.

"What? I'm not hovering, I-"

"Babe, you're hovering." Dream joked, coming into the kitchen and ruffling your daughters hair. She pulled away and began combing through it with her fingers.

"I'm almost thirteen, I know the oven is hot." She explained, looking at you with almost identical eyes to Dream. "Nathan said he likes chocolate so I'm making extra ones for him."

"Nathan?" You asked, the boys name peaking your interest. You knew your daughter would be learning about feelings and boys soon enough but you were hoping the day would never come. You wanted her to be little forever, always hearing her tiny feet pattering around the house.

"Nathan's a guy in my class, a special guy." Her cheeks flushed red.

"Tell me about him, is he a good guy?" Dream asked, leaning onto the counter and giving her his attention.

"Tell me about how you and mom met then maybe I'll tell you two about Nathan." Your daughter held her hand out, you chuckled, shaking it to agree to the deal.

"I met your dad when we were very little then boom, in love. Now cough up the details of this boy." You said.

"No, the full story!" Your daughter argued, jumping onto the counter and taking a seat. You and Dream shared a glance, then you looked down at your ring. The same ring you two bought for a lie, a fantasy way back when to trick his mother into believing.

"Back when we were just friends your dad lied to grandma and told her we were dating-"

"Not just dating, engaged." Dream chimed in.

"I agreed, he had no idea that I was secretly in love with him the entire time. I figured we were doomed to stay just friends forever and I was okay with that, I wanted him in my life no matter what." You looked from Dream to your daughter, her light brown wavy hair pulled into a bun.

"So we went ring shopping and I found the ring I always wanted."

"The one you're wearing now?" She asked, the story instantly pulling her in. Your daughter has always been in love with the idea of love. Her bedtime stories were full of princesses finding their true love until she was nine, then she started reading novels of her own. No longer needing you to tuck her into bed.

"I haven't taken it off since, we had to make up all these lies and stories to your grandma and auntie drista just to keep the story in check. Soon enough I told your dad he had to tell them, just rip the bandaid." You explained.

"But what your mother didn't know is I had it all planned from the beginning, from the moment I lied and told grandma we were engaged the plan was in motion." Your husband said, a smug look creeping on his face.

"I knew it!" You playfully smacked his arm and laughed.

"Once I told grandma it was a lie I felt so nervous and knew if I didn't do it right then I never would. I was absolutely terrified your mom would say no-"

"But I didn't." You smiled, leaning your head onto his shoulder.

"And now we're here." Dream smiled down at you and kissed your forehead.

"No pda! You guys are gross!" Your daughter yelled, jumping off the counter and walking down the hall, "Can you tell me when those are done?"

"Sure can!" You replied, watching as she disappeared down the hall and into her room. Dream took this opportunity to place a sweet kiss on your lips, standing in front of you with his arms on either side.

"I think our love story is the best of all." He whispered.

"Me too."

________________

This isn't perfect but I tried my best :)