The one. (pt. 2)

Y/n's pov

I sat straight up in bed, looking forward at the cracked door ahead of me, letting in only the smallest sliver of light.

Dream is in love with me?

Sapnap stirred around to face me, his arms wrapping around my legs as he let out a deep breath, peaking his eyes open, "You okay? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Just a lot on my mind, I'm okay." I reassured, taking my hand and resting it so I could run my fingers through his hair. In this moment I felt disconnected from the world...from Sapnap. The man who I was supposed to love. But if I truly loved him why was it affecting me so much when Dream blurted out those five words?

I'm in love with you.

His voice was engraved in my mind. I had to talk to him, try and understand when this happened. After Sapnap had drifted back to sleep I slowly moved my way off the mattress. My feet carried me down the carpeted hallway, only to see Dream still awake, monitor illuminating his silhouette.

"Dream?" I asked, voice a bit raspy from the lack of sleep. He spun around, his face lighting up at the sight of me. I see it now, the way his lips turn into a smile when I enter the room, or the way his eyes dilate when they lock with mine. Everything was now making sense to me.

"Everything okay?" He asked, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his thighs. Always making sure I'm okay, nothing new.

"I—um, I need to talk to you...about earlier?" My voice sounded unsure, not wanting to cross any boundaries. He motioned his hand in a 'come on in' motion so I did, closing the door behind me he gave me a strange look as I sat on the edge of his bed.

"What did you say earlier in the kitchen?" I asked, not wanting to beat around the bush. His eyes disconnected from mine for a moment as he took his headset off his head, placing it on the desk behind him.

"It's nothing, really, forget I-"

"Are you in love with me?" I interrupted. I don't want excuses or some lie he comes up with on the spot to try and avoid it.

"Y/n..." His green eyes flickered up at mine, standing up from his seat on the chair and taking a seat next to me on the mattress.

"It's not a hard question. Are you in love with me?" I pushed.

"It is a hard question, because you're dating my best friend. Seeing him happy makes me happy, he's so in love with you. I can't." Dreams hand brushed mine, causing me to freeze. Why hadn't I noticed any of these emotions before? As he went to look away I gently grabbed his chin, pulling his focus back to me.

"You can."

"Yes, Y/n, I am in love with you." His voice fell to a whisper, "I'm so in love with you it hurts seeing you in love with him. Every second of everyday I want to be the one kissing you, the one falling asleep next to you. I want everything with you."

My hand fell from his cheek, "Why hadn't you told me before? Maybe—"

"No, don't say maybe, don't put that idea into my head. All it will do is get my hopes up and when you walk out of this room it will break me." He stood up, the feeling of his presence leaving made me want to cry right then and there. I wasn't quite sure why, but right now all I wanted to do was kiss him. Tell him we could spend the rest of our lives together.

Was Dream the one?

The whole time I had been so wrapped up in my life with Sapnap I hadn't even stopped to realize perhaps I was just projecting my feelings for Dream onto him...his best friend.

"Kiss me." I blurted out, staring down at the floor while Dream stood above me. As my eyes scanned his body I saw his fists close and open, his jaw tighten then relax. As if he was fighting between his heart and mind.

"Y/n."

"Kiss me." Not even a second later a hungry kiss was planted on my lips, his hands held my face as he desperately pulled me towards him. Our breathing mixed together as we placed kiss after kiss onto each other's lips.

"We should stop." Dream pulled away, both of us breathing heavily as I combed through my hair with my hands. The overwhelming feeling of guilt washing through my body.

I stood up, walking towards the door as I slowly opened it, grabbing onto the wood I turned to face him, "Goodnight, Dream."

"Goodnight, Y/n."

The next morning

"So you kissed Dream..." Sapnap said quietly, staring down at his hands as we sat adjacent on our bed.

"I don't know what came over me, I just—"

"Love him? You love him don't you?" He looked up, eyes beginning to turn pink from holding back tears, "Is it bad if I say I knew this would happen? I knew he loved you, I thought if I got you first I could delay the inevitable."

"Sapnap I am so sorry..." I apologized. I went about the situation completely wrong, I should've broken up with Sapnap before confronting Dream about what he said.

"You can't love us both."

He was right. I couldn't love them both.

As I looked up I saw Dream standing in the doorway, watching as we talked.

"You have to choose, Y/n. Me or him?"

My eyes went back and forth between the two men, mind racing a thousand thoughts.

"I choose..."

_______________

Who should Y/n choose?

I know this is technically a 'Dream one shot' book but hey, why not throw a little love triangle in here.

Should I make a two part three's? One for Sapnap and one for Dream?

Or should I do one ending with one or the other?

Comment and let me know!