Clumsy

Dream was currently on his way home from a football game with Sapnap so I was taking this time to myself and reading on the couch. As my eyes skimmed the pages Patches made her way onto the couch, snuggling into my side.

"I've read this book three times." I quietly groaned to Patches, although she's just a cat I swear she responds sometimes. Maybe I'm just going crazy counting down the hours until my boyfriend gets home. He's been gone since Friday morning and it's currently Sunday afternoon.

As I sat my book down on the coffee table I saw the kitchen light begin flickering then it popped, I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I told Dream to change the bulb a week ago.

Huffing, I carefully got off the couch without disturbing the feline and made my way down the hall, grabbing a new lightbulb and the ladder. The guys insisted on high ceilings so getting up there felt nearly impossible.

As I dragged the ladder down the hall I sat the lightbulb on the table and steadied the ladder so it was stable.

"Here goes nothing." I whispered and began scaling the ladder. I carefully untwisted the busted light, the glass poked my hand and startled me, causing me to drop it. In my panic my foot slipped and sent me tumbling to the ground onto the hardwood kitchen floor.

"Oh god." I groaned, watching as the ladder came falling onto its side, right on my ankle. In my defense I thought my leg was out of the way. Tears pricked my eyes as I kicked the ladder off of me.

"We're home—Y/n!" Sapnap shouted as he pushed open the front door. I let him help me up and tried applying pressure to my foot only to have a shooting pain bring more tears to my eyes.

"What happened?" Dream asked, picking me up bridal style and gently laying me down on the couch. He sat at the opposite end, lifting my leg onto his to examine my ankle.

"I tried changing that stupid light bulb I told you to change a week ago, it popped." I explained with tears in my eyes. He applied pressure to my ankle and I smacked his arm, "That hurts!"

"You should go get it checked out." Sapnap said, leaning onto the wall and looking at me like a disappointed father.

"No way, I hate hospitals. Babe, can you carry me to our room and get me an ice pack?" I pleaded, my puppy dog eyes looking right into his green ones.

"Of course, c'mere clumsy girl." He cooed and lifted me up. I placed my arms around him for stability as he carried me down the hall and sat me on our bed. Soon he returned with an ice pack and two pillows from the couch, carefully propping them under my ankle so it wouldn't swell.

"You could've just waited til I got home, did you step on any glass?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.

"No, the ladder attacked me." I joked, hissing as he placed the ice onto my ankle.

"We probably should go get that checked out tomorrow, make sure it's not broken." Dream explained, standing up and kicking his jeans off his legs only for them to be replaced with sweatpants.

"My shoulder hurts too." I whined, finally feeling the aftermath of falling ten feet onto hardwood flooring. I let my body relax onto the bed, using my opposite hand to massage my shoulder.

"Let me." He said, laying down next to me he began massaging my shoulder.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." I smiled, staring at every feature of his face.

"And you are the clumsiest girl in the entire world."

________________

I still feel like my writing isn't as good as it used to be. Got this idea cause I had to change a broken bulb today and almost fell off my ladder