Urgent (pt 2)

Longer chapter because I don't want to make three parts
____________

"Seven days post accident, how are you feeling today Mrs. Y/n?" The nurse chirped as she handed you your lunch, the hospital food was actually quite good so you couldn't complain.

"I feel like I just ran a marathon but other than that I can't complain." Your muscles were sore but thankfully the worse of your injuries was a messed up kidney and broken right leg.

"Your fiancé is here to visit, right on schedule." She smiled, moving the tray over your lap.

"Can we not call him that? I don't even know the guy." You tried your best to muster a smile, the past week the man named Clay has been visiting. Every day he would bring new things to try and jog your memory, the doctor thought it might help you. You caught a glimpse of the ring on your finger, you weren't sure why but you couldn't take it off. Although you didn't remember anything you felt attached to it. The nurse chuckled as the tall man entered the room, book in hand. A shy smile painted on his face as he took his usual spot to the left of your bed.

"I'll leave you to to talk." The nurse said, making sure you were okay before exiting the room.

"So what's on the agenda today, Clay?" You asked, taking a bite of your Mac and cheese. You grabbed a small extra plate and split your food in half, offering it to him.

"I'm not hungry, you should eat." He stated, gently pushing the plate back onto your tray. "This Mac and cheese is the best I've ever had in my entire life, I'd you don't eat it I'll beat your ass." You joked with him, he surrendered with his hands in the air and grabbed some silverware. Happy that you had your usual personality in tact.

"To be fair, you wouldn't remember if you have had better." A laugh escaped both of your chests. This guy isn't too bad, maybe I'll keep him. You thought to yourself as you two ate.

"Today I brought our scrapbook of all the memories we've made, you made it for me for our two year anniversary." Clay said, gently placing the book on your lap and flipping it to the first page.

"Wait, give me the run down on everything. How long have we been together? When did you propose?" You asked, needing to be reminded again.

"Slow down Mrs, Speedrunner, I'll catch you up." You understood the joke, knowing that speedrunner was a minecraft term. Over the past week you and the doctors figured out that your memory has been erased about five years, your sixteenth birthday being one of the last things you remember.

"This is the first picture we ever took together, on your seventeenth birthday. We met on Munchy MC along with George." He pointed to the selfie, it looked like you were at a bowling alley or something. The two of you smiling with his arm over both your shoulders. "I remember playing on that server when I was younger." You state.

"Skip ahead a bit, this is us on graduation, we had been dating for almost six months here." He said, pointing to another photo. The two of you standing on stage holding your diplomas, you were kissing him on the cheek. There were pictures of you and him with your family and also with what you figured was his family.

"Who's this?" You asked, pointing to a picture of a cat with a graduation cap on. "That's Patches, our cat." He explained, you smiled being happy that he was an animal person.

"This is us with Sapnap, Nick." Clay said, your eyes flashed to a picture of the three of you. You were all sitting in a room, you sitting in a gaming chair with a headset on your head. "We took this picture to celebrate you getting the minecraft speedrun record, which you stole from me by the way." You laughed as he pretended to be hurt. You were sad you didn't remember who this Nick man was, seeing that you three looked so happy in the photo.

"Let's get to the good stuff, this picture was taken on June 19th of last year, the day I proposed." He said, grabbing your left hand. Forgetting that you don't remember anything he quickly pulled his hand away, clearing his throat, "uh, sorry, I forgot."

"It's okay." You smiled and grabbed his hand again, you felt safe around him. You enjoyed his company and how hard he was trying to help your memories flood back.

An hour later the last page closed.

"Can I keep this here? To look through?" You asked, knowing he was getting ready to leave soon.

"Of course, it's ours." He smiled, leaving the scrapbook exactly where it was on your lap. As he grabbed his things he stood up but you stopped him before he could walk away. Pulling on his arm you leaned forward the best you could, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Goodnight, Clay. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, love."

<<three days later>>

"I just want to remember!!" You yelled as machines began beeping around you, anger taking over your senses as you reached for your IV. You had completely trashed your room, your blood boiling anger making you throw everything in reach.

"Calm down, Y/n, it's okay." The nurse calmly told you before hooking something to your IV and filling it. Seconds later sleepiness took over, your eyes closed and you were left in darkness.

>>>>>>

Your eyes fluttered open as you scanned your surroundings. You saw Clay sitting beside your bed and instinctively grabbed his arm, he jumped a bit not expecting you to be awake.

"Well good morning." He chirped, staring at you in awe, always being struck by your natural beauty. "Good morning." You responded, still waking up.

"How do you feel? The nurse told me what happened, it's okay, the memories will come back." He cooed, playing with your hair.

"It's hard, knowing I have a whole life I don't remember, having a fiancé sitting right next to me that I know nothing about. I want it all back." You cried to him, you wanted to remember everything.

"I know..are you hungry? The nurse was in here a bit ago asking, I told her to bring you breakfast once you were awake but we can wait if you'd like." You lightly smiled at him, he was so soft and sweet to you.

"I'm craving that spaghetti you made a couple weeks ago, when Sapnap was out of town." You said, mouth watering at the memory.

Wait.

The memory.

"A couple weeks ago? You remember that? That was before your accident!" Clay said happily. You hadn't realized exactly when the memory came back, but it did. "Oh my gosh!" You shouted, pulling him into your chest as a tear slid down your cheek.

"Is everything okay!?" The nurse asked as she rushed into your room. Both of you turning to look at her.

"Spaghetti!!"