29-twenty-nine

The wedding was closer than it ever was. It was only merely a week away.

It felt like it was just yesterday when Dolores and Mariano had publicly announced their proposal.

Casíta was nearly fully furnished, and the only thing left to be finished was a project on the second floor, right where the enchanted doors were, that Abuela is doing her best to keep secret.

You had picked the best attire you could for your best friend's wedding.It was similar to your outfit during the failed proposal dinner, except you made it more formal.

The Madrigal sisters were also playing an important role in the wedding. They were going to be Dolores' bridesmaids, with Isabela being the main bridesmaid.

Camilo had also agreed to become another best man, however it is still unclear whether he agrees to it or not, word spread that Dolores was going to tell Pepa and Felix what Camilo was doing when he was alone in his room unless Camilo agreed to join.

The factuality of that story was questionable, but many townsfolk already believed in it.

You were officially done with the painting of the mysterious Madrigal girl, it had been carefully hidden under the desk in the room, cooling while giving very little chance to find it by accident.

You were in quite the predicament for that week though, you were stuck waiting for two different events to happen, the full construction of the new house, which people have been unofficially calling Nueva Casíta, and the glorious wedding between Dolores and Mariano, without anything you could do to help either of them happen quicker.

The days felt slower because you were waiting, every second, for the one fateful day to come.

With each day that led to the wedding and the completion of the Casíta, more and more decorations appeared around the streets.

If Casíta was still alive, she would have definitely done all the decorations by herself.

But with each day, The Madrigals that were staying in your home packed up more things as they prepared their temporary home.

The parents, Agustin and Julieta, were understandably upset, but their cries and ballads were no match for their daughters who were absolutely bawling their eyes out.

But you couldn't really laugh at them for crying, because you were also crying with them.

Even after the activity you did, you still weren't ready to leave each other's side.

But while you were all sad and thinking about the Madrigals leaving your side, even if they would only move 2 blocks away, the couple that was about to wed were in their separate homes, filled with anxiety.

The Guzman Family's Home was occupied by Mariano, who was anxious and doubtful about the wedding, Señora Guzman and Abuela, who took Mariano's word and believed that he was really okay with the wedding, and Bruno.

Bruno didn't really help with the wedding much, he was just there for moral support.

It seems that Mirabel's inference was right, Mariano was unsure whether he should continue with the wedding.

He had his doubts, and he was right to have them. From what he could see from Agustin and Felix, marrying into the Madrigal family would force him to meet certain expectations.

Was he really ready for that kind of life? Plus, it's really weird to date his ex-fiance's cousin.

"Oh, mi vida, is everything alright?" Señora Guzman noticed the look on his poor grandson's face, she clearly noticed that something was wrong.