TRUTH

Angel

I woke up to the sun shining in my face , I didn't know if he was listening or not “ Good morning Jake ” . I got up and grabbed a shower and tucked my phone into my back pocket. I met the others downstairs “ Good morning everyone ” I got myself a cup of coffee and sat down “ What are we doing today ?” ,“ Well seeing as it's my last day here I might as well go check out Duskwood”.  “ Alright then let's get to it ” , “ I'll take my stuff and leave it at your place Lilly it makes no sense to come back here ” , “ Okay ”  After breakfast we cleaned up and packed our stuff and left. We stopped at Lilly's apartment to drop off my stuff then set out.

We met the others at the town square ,we checked out the rainbow Cafe , the church and when we passed the flower shop I looked at Dan “ So how were the flowers Dan ?” he looked at me “ They told you ?” That's when the laughing started . We had lunch at one of the restaurants and continued walking around. We passed Alan. He just smiled at me. Hmm  Jake would not like that. We ended the tour at the Aurora Jake definitely won't like this.

When we walked in Phil saw us “ If the three of you intend to get drunk again I won't serve you ” ,“ We won't” I told him . We ordered drinks and sat talking. We were making plans for them to visit me when I heard a name I never expected to hear . “ ARIA?”  I spun around instantly . “ Jake, are you listening?” I said out loud . My phone vibrated signalling a message. I checked it and all it said was “ yes ” “ well well well if it isn't Aria ” I spun around to find Hannah standing there ,she knew  .The others were now looking at me “ Angel what's going on who's Aria ?” Jessy asked .

“ Her name is Aria, she's been lying this entire time ” , Hannah  said  “ My name is Aria Angel Nakamara , Angel is my middle name . I stopped going by that name years ago ”. “ why don't you tell them who you really are , who your parents are , what ,are you afraid  ”. “  Hannah I've left that life behind ,I no longer have parents”. “ Aww is Aria  angry '' . '' Don't call me Aria   ”.

“ Angel, what's going on , you can talk to us . Did you hurt someone ?” I looked at them . Hannah had a smirk on her face  “ Amara Aliya Nakamara , My Sister not just my sister but ,my twin . Do you know how hard it is to be perfect ,but she was . She was responsible , kind , smart and so loving. And I was a wild child. It was hard living up to their standards ,eating ,talking, and dressing Their way . It's not easy being the daughter of a senator ”  they all looked at me . “ Amara   was perfect, she wasn't just my twin, we were identical . We were nineteen when it happened  ,one night she came to me. She wanted to go to a concert with Daniel, her boyfriend and If she had told the senator  he would never believe it was her . He would think we switched outfits and it was me . She begged me that night to take her , whenever I Sneaked out she would always cover for me ”

“  I should have said no , I Sneaked her out that night ,she begged me to go with her so I did. After the concert Daniel left . She wanted to drive home so I gave her the keys. At the intersection a pickup truck came out of nowhere and slammed into the driver's side . I  didn't just lose my sister that day I lost my parents . After her death he blamed me. My father blamed me for her death. He couldn't look at me and one day we had the worst possible argument. Do you know what he said to me, Hannah ? He said That I should have died instead of her , she was perfect I wasn't and I was no use to him”

“ Angel , I'm so sorry ” , “ There's nothing to be sorry about Jessy , I left that day and never looked back . I stopped using my first name and if anyone asked my parents were dead and to me they are.  Now you know who I am  , but don't Ever call me that name ever again. Do you understand me  , excuse me I need to use the washroom ”. I left them sitting there and went to the bathroom. Once there I cried . I never forgot my sister but whenever I remembered her the words my father said always reminded me of who I lost. “ I'm sorry I lied to you Jake ,I just wanted to forget ”