TOGETHER AGAIN

Jake

The minute I heard the voice , I thought someone well Hannah's was screwing with me ,but it was her. She was alive. I couldn't explain The relief I felt ,I would have given up. Lilly and the others have been watching me nonstop ,every single minute they were watching me. Phil hasn't returned my gun to me yet.  We were in the jet heading back home. I wished I could tell them but I couldn't , so I got up and headed towards the  room.
“ Jake, where are you going?” I wasn't  even going to be mad at them because I knew they only had my best interest at heart I looked at them  “I'm just going to get some rest I need to sleep I'm getting a headache ”,
“Okay ”

I Went into the cabin. I really did need some sleep because for the past 3 days I haven't slept at all , all I did was drink and Lilly and the others left me to drink . Phil was the one that kept giving me shit to drink. That was how miserable I was.  Ever since I heard she was gone I've been drinking and nothing else,  I just laid there but I still couldn't sleep she said she got off the Jet?  Where did she go, who was she with and why did she wait this long to let me know she was still alive. She said it went deeper than we thought it did. What exactly was going on? Someone really tried to kill her. She said she'd meet me hopefully she tells me what it is all about.

I laid there the entire flight , back to Duskwood and still couldn't sleep.  When we landed I didn't say anything to any of them.  I avoided them as best as I could because I knew if I was around them they would want me to talk and that would lead  to questions and I didn't have it in me . I knew I was lying to them that she was still alive but I needed to keep my distance. I looked at Phil.

“  I'll need my gun back ” , “I don't think so” , “ I need my gun back I have to go to work”,  he just looked at me “Are you telling the truth or are you lying?” , “ why would I lie to you about the gun”. “ Hey I don't know you're the one that almost used it ?” , “ I'm not about to use it but I need it for work, I promise I'm not going to do anything stupid ”.  He Just looked at me “ Fine I'll give it back to you when you come to the Aurora ”.

At the same time my phone started ringing “ Hello?” ,
“ Is it on Speaker ?” , “No ” “ Oh good , because they'll probably kill me themselves. I  need you to dig into someone for me Babe he's, a retired Doctor/Surgeon ” ,
“ Okay what's Name ?” , “ His name is Johnathan Gomes, I'll send you his number . Oh I'll see you soon and I miss you ”.  I couldn't say anything , I couldn't, they were all staring at me ..“ What are you staring at ?”
I heard her laughing.

“ Sorry , babe ” , “ That's not funny , I'll deal with it when I get to work ”. “ Okay , umm I need  some of my clothes preferably my  Jeans and plain black T-shirts”,
“ Sure , I'll get them” . “ Bye ” , “ Bye” . I felt weird speaking to her like that , I couldn't even tell her I love her.

I ended the call and looked at them “ who was that?” Lilly asked, “ It was Work , I need to get going , I gotta get some files from home ,the Jet is going to take me to Virginia . “ You're lying , you're  leaving ”. I looked at Phil and the rest of them “ Look , Someone Murdered my wife and unborn child. Her sister's death wasn't an accident. Someone is now after her father. And if things keep going this way , then we're all targets ”.

They just looked at me “ So it really wasn't an Accident?”, “ No Cleo , Stevens told me , that's why I need to go to work , I need to figure out who the hell is  responsible for this , I'll be back. ”.   , Okay '' . “ I'll give you guys the keys to check on the house for me”. “ Okay , be careful and let us know if you need our help” , “ I will ”.

I felt bad about lying to them but there was nothing else I could do. I watched them leave as I got back on to the Jet . I would first go home, get her clothes and some of mine and then head to Virginia because I'm guessing that's where we'll both be staying for a while.