6 - A Garden of Forking Paths

Detective Rogers and Sophie went into the restaurant where Griffith was having his lunch and they confronted him, Detective Rogers sat in front of him with Sophie beside him, "Michael Griffith?" Detective Rogers said.

"Yeah, how do you know who I am?" Michael asked.

"We've been trying to track you all day. Name's Detective Rogers," Detective Rogers said and showed his badge.

"Oh, okay, good for you," Michael said, not caring who Detective Rogers was

"I'd like you to answer some questions about Victoria Belfrey," Detective Rogers said.

"Mm, I don't know anything about her," Michael said.

"Yeah, the bulge in your jacket pocket would suggest otherwise," Detective Rogers said as he took the money from Michael's pocket.

"Hey, you don't want to do this," Michael said.

"I assure you, I do," Detective Rogers said to him.

"So, how about you keep half of that and I finish my empanada?" Michael suggested.

Sophie forced a smile, "If that worked your life would be a lot easier," Sophie said

"You're coming with me," Detective Rogers said and arrested him.

Meanwhile, Julia and Henry followed Lucy through the tunnel under the garden, "Julia!" Markus called out and the Mills twins turned to him.

"Markus? What? Why are you here?!" Julia said in a panic that surprised her.

"Why am I here?! Why are you here?!" Markus asked as he stood in front of her.

"Lucy jumped in, then Henry did," Julia said.

"And then you did..." Markus looked around, "Where is Lucy? Lucy?!" Markus called out and walked ahead of them as the Mills twins follows closely behind him.

"Lucy! Hey! What the hell are you thinking? This tunnel could collapse," Henry said.

"Nah. It seems to have held up this long. Now, come on and help. Grandma's definitely got something hidden down here somewhere," Lucy said.