8 - Beauty

At night, Tilly and Stacey were taking Detective Weaver across town, Detective Weaver was driving them in the directions that Tilly was giving him as Stacey sat in the back seat, "The answers we seek are at the train tracks," Tilly said.

"You must be starving," Detective Weaver handed her a sandwich, "Eat," Detective Weaver said.

Tilly unwrapped the sandwich and took a bite, "Mm. Guess I'm an orange marmalade girl after all," Tilly realised something was wrong, "Wait, this tastes strange," She lifted off a slice of bread and saw that Detective Weaver had mashed up her pills and put them in the sandwich, "My pills," She looked at him, "You never believed me, did you?" Tilly said.

"What have you done?" Stacey asked, looking horrified.

"I need you to think clearly, and you can't do that without your pills," Detective Weaver said.

"You mean her pills. You're not listening to me! No one ever listens! Those pills don't make me clear. They make me foggy. They make the world go away, and that's what she wants! All people ever do is take things away from me. I just never thought it would be you," Tilly said.

"Look. I'm not who you think I am," Detective Weaver said.

"No, that's not true," Tilly said.

"I'm you're wrong about me," Detective Weaver said.

"It is. You're a good man with a pure heart and as soon as you remember that, you'll realise you're not alone at all. That you have someone who loves you, who's waiting for you. More than one person is waiting for you," Tilly said.

"I wish you were right, TIlly. I wish I was that good man, but I'm not," Detective Weaver said.

"It's only because you don't remember. But you still can. There's still time before the pills make me small again, but we have to go. Go now," Tilly said and she grabbed the wheel and Detective Weaver hit the brakes as Tilly and Stacey jumped out of the car, running off.

Detective Weaver got out of the car, "Stacey! Tilly!" Detective Weaver called out and followed after them.

Flashback

Mr Gold and Callie reached the Edge of Realms, "The Edge of Realms. Where time stops and the sun sets brightest in all the lands," Mr Gold said.

"And when it does, we will finally have our answer to getting rid of the dagger," Callie said.

"You know, Callie, we are on the outermost ridges of existence here. The normal rules of time and space do not apply. An eternity here could be like the blink of an eye back home. It could be years to us before the sun finally sets," Mr Gold said.

"So, then, we'll wait," Callie said.

"Are you sure?" Mr Gold said.

"What better place to build our home than on an eternal summer day?" Callie said.

"Then how about a rose garden?" Mr Gold asked.

"And a cosy nook to read in?" Callie said.

"Your wish is my command, Mrs Gold," Mr Gold said as he held up his dagger.

"Ah..." Callie placed her hand on the dagger, "We came here to get rid of the dagger. Right? I want to build our home right here, with our own hands, but only if you want that too," Callie said.