36 - The Guardian

Flashback

Alice arrived at Dr Facilier's cottage and she walked inside, "Hello?" Alice called out and she looked around, picking up a bottle on the table.

Dr Facilier came up behind her, "Dragon's Fire. One drop burns the fingernails right off. Interested?" Dr Facilier said.

"No, thanks," She put the bottle down, "Uh, I was actually hoping to speak to some dead. I heard you could do that," Alice said.

"Well, I don't really talk so much as listen. And do you know what they're saying right now? That you're not here to talk at all," Dr Facilier said.

Mr Gold was behind him, "The dead always so perceptive," Mr Gold said.

"Dark One. Sending little girls to do your dirty work now?" Dr Facilier said.

Mr Gold chuckled, "Well, what can I say? Always love a good loophole," Mr Gold said.

While Dr Facilier was distracted by Mr Gold, Alice took out Dr Facilier's dark heart, he gasped and wheezed as Alice looked shocked by her actions and she gasped.

Dr Facilier charged toward her and Alice held up his heart, "Don't move!" Alice said and Dr Facilier stopped dead in his tracks.

"That's a good girl," Mr Gold said.

Dr Facilier glared at Mr Gold, "You'll pay for this," Dr Facilier said.

"So, what do we do now, just order him to give up the magic?" Alice asked.

"Oh, we don't have to. All we need is right there," Mr Gold pointed to Dr Facilier's heart, "You know, the only cure for a poisoned heart is to sacrifice someone else's. So, if you want to save your father you have to crush his heart," Mr Gold said.

"So, you found who you were looking for and I'm the test. How convenient," Dr Facilier said.

"What test?" Alice asked.

"Nothing. Silence him," Mr Gold said.

"Listen to me, little girl..." Dr Facilier said.

"Just shut up!" Alice shouted, interrupting Dr Facilier and shutting him up.

"Oh, I'm not sure if I can do this," Alice said.