18 - One Little Tear

Detective Rogers and Richie go into Detective Weaver's storage locker, Detective Rogers had set off the fire alarm to open the electronically locked door and the two detectives walked inside, "Find anything that's questionable," Detective Rogers said.

"Okay, mate," Richie said.

The two detectives started to look around the items in their partner's storage locker until Richie found two crowns and a tiara all were in evidence boxes, and he felt oddly familiar too while Detective Rogers found a cracked white queen chess piece and a hook hand, both were in evidence bags.

"What the hell is all of this stuff?" Richie questioned as he looked at the crowns.

"Not sure," Detective Rogers put the hook hand away then he spotted a box with different files inside, he took out one of the files that had his picture on it and looked at it, "Richie, come here," He said and Richie walked over then looked at the file.

"What are you doing, Weaver?" Detective Rogers asked.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

Detective Rogers and Richie made their way to the food truck where Sabine and Jacinda were finishing up, "Rollin' Bayou," Richie said and Sabine and Jacinda looked at them.

"Look at that, the little lady's, uh, prettied up since her impound days," Detective Rogers said.

"Yep, she's nearly ready for the big ball," Sabine looked between them, "So, uh, did you both just come here to complement our work or is there something else?" Sabine asked.

"Yeah... Uh, we have to follow up on the Cluck's fire," Detective Rogers said.

"That's weird. Detective Weaver followed up the other day," Jacinda said.

"We're working different shifts. We don't want to bother him on his day off. Maybe you can just fill us in on what you told him," Detective Rogers said as Richie took out his notepad and pen.

"He told us about the alley door that was jimmied with a knife. I don't know. He said they found it in a dumpster. He asked me if I recognised it," Sabine said.