17 - One Little Tear

Flashback

Snow White and Ella stood near Drizella and Lady Tremaine in a ballroom, all looking at Marcus Tremaine, "I want to thank you all for coming and celebrating my darling daughter's birthday. I remember the day I met Cecilia and her two daughters," He looked over at Snow White and Ella, "I'm sorry I couldn't find her for you both," Ella and Snow White looked at each other, "But know this, you two will always have a home here, and you will always be my daughter's, even if I was only gifted you both through my marriage to your mother," Marcus held his hand out as he looked at Snow White, she sighed and handed her sister her drink before walking over to him, taking hold of his hand, "I never truly thought I'd be happy again, but you and your sisters are all I really need... Which is why," A servant walked over holding a pillow and they looked at it to see a necklace on it with a diamond star, "I'm giving you this necklace," Marcus said as he picked it up.

"Marcus!" Everyone looked at Lady Tremaine as she fumed then started to relax, "T...That was your mother's... Meant to be handed to your wife... It's tradition," Lady Tremaine said.

"It's time for a change of tradition... To the eldest girl of the Tremaine family... And that now is Snow White," Marcus said.

Snow White looked at Drizella who smiled a little then nodded, Snow White turned away from her stepfather and lifted up her hair. Marcus placed the necklace around her neck, she looked at it and smiled as she turned back to him, "I love it... Thank you, Father," Snow White said and they hugged each other.

"Also... There's another present for you outside... Call it a gift from your mother, she told me about someone you've been missing," Marcus said.

Snow White smiled and nodded, "I'll be back," She said and walked out into the gardens.

She walked down a set of stairs, looking around but couldn't see anything or anyone so she turned around  to head back inside, "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Snow White slowly turned around to see Phillip walking up dressed in red, he smiled softly, "It's your birthday, but why do I think you don't look happy to see me?" Phillip asked.

"Phillip?" Snow White said as she walked towards him.

"Expecting someone else?" He asked.

"It's just..." She looked at him, "My mother ran away to Wonderland, my father... Stepfather went to find her to bring her back for my birthday and the way... The way he said a gift from me mother, I thought it was her, not you," Snow White admitted.

 The way he said a gift from me mother, I thought it was her, not you," Snow White admitted