28 - The Girl in the Tower

Stacey and Samdi were walking along the waterfront, holding hands, "You know, I usually go for the pizza at Bella Notte," She looked at him, "But that chowder was incredible," Stacey said.

"It was made for days like this," Stacey smiled softly, "I'm glad we did this, Fortuna. There's something I want to tell you," Samdi said.

Kelly, Roni, Joanne, Diane, Alesha and Jason walked up, "Aha! We knew it!" Kelly said.

Stacey looked at them surprised, "You lied for us?" Alesha said.

"He just called you, Fortuna. He is awake and this isn't taking Lucy home, this is a date! With him?!" Kelly said.

"Your parents and grandmother would be ashamed," Diane said.

"Did you ever actually dump August before you got married?" Fortuna questioned and Diane looked at her in anger.

"Mom..." Jason said.

"Nice to see you again, Kelly, Roni, Diane, Alesha, Joanne, and Jason," Samdi said.

"Oh, shut up with your Kelly's, Roni's, Joanne's, Diane's, Alesha's and Jason's. You know who we are Facilier," Kelly said.

Alesha looked at Stacey, "Why would you lie to us, Fortuna?" Alesha asked.

"Because I'm a full-grown woman and I don't have to tell you anything, you're not my parents or my grandmother," Fortuna said.

"Why don't I give you some space to figure this out?" Samdi said.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. They were just leaving," Stacey said.

"No, we weren't," Roni said.

"Call me later, Fortuna," He kissed her forehead, "Regina, Zelena, Emma, Katy, Daniella, Noah... Always a pleasure," Samdi said as he walked away.

Stacey sighed heavily, "This wasn't a date it was a distraction," She took out her phone, "Lucy's in his apartment right now doing recon," Stacey said.

"Say what?!" Alesha said.

Stacey looked at her, "Ever heard of the saying, keep your friends close and enemies closer?" Stacey asked.

"Closer by getting in bed with him?" Jason questioned.

Stacey looked at him, "Wouldn't be the first time... Look, why don't you all, back off? You're not my parents, you're not my grandmother, you're not my grandfather... Yes, most of us are family, but that's only through the magic connection Katy shares with my grandmother. I'm not yours to protect, nor do I need protecting. If my parents trust and agree with my actions, which they do, so can't you lot just back off?" Stacey said.

 If my parents trust and agree with my actions, which they do, so can't you lot just back off?" Stacey said

"Can we get back to Lucy?!" Alesha said.

"I've texted her, hopefully, she'll get out of there before he gets home... Thanks for ruining it," Stacey said as she looked at Kelly.