Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Encountering a Strong Enemy

The key to Pei Feng’s MVP and the gorgeous record of ‘one killing five’ was the map advantage. The Ghost Castle map was originally more beneficial to the guardians side. If the opponent was using the set up a gun to guard the spot style, it would be difficult for the other side to successfully break through if they couldn’t cooperate well enough to handle the sniper.

Pei Feng wouldn’t be able to win so easily if he encountered a professional team with tacit understanding.

He took advantage of the shortcomings of the passersby and lack of cooperation on the other side to lead the enemies out and kill them separately.

Jiang Shaoyu’s ‘okay’ was a relatively objective evaluation.

He couldn’t see Pei Feng’s strength when fighting with passersby—unless they encountered an equally strong opponent.

The matching mechanism of the international server was based on the winning percentage and hidden score. Jiang Shaoyu’s side account had a very high hidden score. The two of them had teamed up and won a match. It was more likely that they would be matched with a stronger enemy in the next match. Jiang Shaoyu thought of this and pressed the ready button while typing: One more round.

Pei Feng also pressed the ready button.

The match soon began. The two of them still locked onto the sniper and scout positions, leaving the other positions to their teammates.

The randomly selected map…

It was actually Skyscraper, the full sniper map with a four star difficulty.

[Isn’t this the most famous ‘lost map’.]

[In the China-US match at the World Series, the US team seems to have chosen this map?]

[Someone actually watched the World Series? Do you want to watch the Chinese national team being hammered?]

[That’s right. It is better to watch Fred play the rankings. The rookies of the national team are simply hard on the eyes.]

[Don’t start a battle! Streamers and professional players are different. If you want to scold then go to the national team’s official Weibo to scold!]

The room manager quickly silenced the provocative person.

Pei Feng was the most popular streamer on the Internet. It was inevitable that his live stream room would be mixed. Some anti-fans deliberately scolded the national team to lead the battle.

In fact, the fans who had been following Pei Feng for a long time knew that there were several players in the national team who had a good relationship with Pei Feng. They were Ye Zi, Lao Lin and Captain Zhou. All three were old teammates of ACE. It was precisely because these people were in the national team that Pei Feng never streamed the World Series or gave a bad evaluation when they lost.

The map loaded and neither Jiang Shaoyu nor Pei Feng changed their weapons.

The battle started quickly.

The Skyscraper map was very complicated to play. Due to the many obstacles and forks in the map, it was difficult for five passersby players to cooperate. In this round, they were randomly placed on the lurkers side and the usual method of playing was to split up to the left, middle and right.

The charger went to the left. The assaulter and medic went to the right. Pei Feng set up a gun at a sniper point in the middle and carefully observed any movements.

Soon, gunshots came from the 11 o’clock direction to the front left. Pei Feng prejudged the position of the opposite side, moved his muzzle and quickly opened the scope to aim.